• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bowser got an aviary!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Bowser took some time in his cage to heal his foot from the trauma that removed a toe. When I started to notice him playing more vigorously and perching well I decided it was time to retire his old cage and upgrade to his aviary. :)
He had not one moment of nervousness and has been playing like a kid for the last hour lol. It's safe to say he likes it.
20170814_195834.jpeg IMG_20170814_200839.jpg
And a special thanks to Seriously Nuts and TNT bird toys for Bowsers favorite toys so far in there, the cotton rope and beary bagel toy. :) IMG_20170814_202018.jpg

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Nice upgrade! That is one lucky macaw :highfive:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I love it and the toy looks fantastic! Is that an A&E aviary? I recently took the grate and pan out of my Amazon pair cage to wash it. The cage is low enough so they can't get out (thankfully:) and I'm kind of liking the paper on the floor thing rather than the tray and grate (we haven't put it back in yet). How do you like that set up? I'm assuming Bowser doesn't go down to the bottom and bother the paper at all? It seems like it would be easier to clean up? For my guys, I can just slip it under which is a breeze! I might just leave it that way! LOL!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I love those aviaries! That's what my cages are and I would never go back to a regular cage. :D

Have fun Bowser! Your monster perch should be arriving any day now. :laugh:
I'm definitely seeing the upside to this set up! I could never do it with the Cockatoos though...they'd have that paper pulled up and destroyed in a matter of seconds! I have several cages where I can line the pan with several layers and just take one layer out every day...I can't even do that with the 'toos as their little extendo-legs will reach down and remove my darned layers...they are just havoc-creators I swear!:rofl:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm definitely seeing the upside to this set up! I could never do it with the Cockatoos though...they'd have that paper pulled up and destroyed in a matter of seconds! I have several cages where I can line the pan with several layers and just take one layer out every day...I can't even do that with the 'toos as their little extendo-legs will reach down and remove my darned layers...they are just havoc-creators I swear!:rofl:

Sam hides under the paper.... The rest of them don't go down there.
Bowser is an angel! He would never rip up the paper. :lol:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yeah Bowser! What a difference your life is now. You and Lisa were made for each other.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You did an amazing job filling his aviary!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That's so awesome!! It's great he took to it right away too:loveshower:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
What an awesome setup! Lucky bird! :)

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy

That was my first thought! Jester would destroy the paper, and then probably somehow destroy the floor. :lol:

Extendo-legs, OMG. :rofl: I will clean Jester's papers, and then within a matter of minutes he will be down there laying on his stomach with his foot through the grate to pull them all up for his shredding pleasures. :roflmao: I tell ya, these cockatoos really are crazy. :D

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I love it and the toy looks fantastic! Is that an A&E aviary? I recently took the grate and pan out of my Amazon pair cage to wash it. The cage is low enough so they can't get out (thankfully:) and I'm kind of liking the paper on the floor thing rather than the tray and grate (we haven't put it back in yet). How do you like that set up? I'm assuming Bowser doesn't go down to the bottom and bother the paper at all? It seems like it would be easier to clean up? For my guys, I can just slip it under which is a breeze! I might just leave it that way! LOL!
I really love it so far. Bowser uses the entire top to play around on and his very long tail has plenty of room to not bump into anything. So far he loves hanging by a couple of toes and swinging lol. Plus he has perches of all sizes going almost to the bottom and he loves climbing them. He has walked on the bottom a few times but he's a very gentle walker lol and hasn't disturbed the paper at all. It seems perfect for him.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I love those aviaries! That's what my cages are and I would never go back to a regular cage. :D

Have fun Bowser! Your monster perch should be arriving any day now. :laugh:
Very excited to get his monster perch! :)

Sam hides under the paper.... The rest of them don't go down there.
Bowser is an angel! He would never rip up the paper. :lol:
He is an angel lol and hasn't messed with the paper at all. Seems like it'll work for easy clean up...So far lol

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Thanks everyone! My goal since bringing Bowser home was to get him to be more comfortable and playful. He's always been a somber bird. In this aviary he is a nut case of playfulness lol. It's so good to see.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Very excited to get his monster perch! :)

He is an angel lol and hasn't messed with the paper at all. Seems like it'll work for easy clean up...So far lol

Don't drop the monster on your foot. ;) I'm still limping. ;) I buy kraft paper rolls in 40" I believe, two sheels and done.