• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bow-fingered Gecko (Cyrtodactylus mamanwa)

Tongue Flicker

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Neil Moreton
Hey guys it's me again.. You still remember my drunken snake dealer? The one who brought a bag of vipers, literally? Well lucky for me he hasn't forgotten about me during my 4-month absence.

He had a deal someplace nearby so he decided to drop-by my new petplace and give me a welcome home gift, 2 pairs of a first generation captive-bred Bow-fingered gecko, Cyrtodactylus mamanwa.

At first I wasn't really impressed by them or the fact that they look like my normal house geckos, but a week later they've already won my heart. I only kept a pair since I wasn't really confident about my Gecko Mastery just yet and the other pair I shipped off to a friend in Croydon somewhere in England.

Hydrating in warm water, a little coconut juice & a little honey..

Inside their quarantine enclosure. First day, first dinner (female had obvious unshed skin left -__-)

What my pair looks like a week after they first arrived. Showing off their normal male/female coloration. I can't believe they were doing a courtship chase on my hand while I'm taking pictures. Guess they don't mind doing it in public -__-

Stunning male coloration.. Nuff said..

Start your weekend right! :)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
THey are cool little geckos! I love the barking sounds of Tokays. How do these sound?

Tongue Flicker

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Neil Moreton

The male makes two kinds of sounds.. imagine a kid's marbles bumping into each but faint and the second one is like a low, hammering sound much like the knock ringtone of a samsung device if you hapoen to have one lol