• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bourke

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
i'm considring getting a male normal bourke he is is $150 he comes with dna certificate and has been tested for disease would appreciate any thoughts you have do you think this is a good price?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The administrator is keeping the thread alive so that people will notice it and respond. I haven't seen any bourkes lately but the price does sound reasonable. I've always wanted a Bourke, so pretty and gentle. Good luck!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is just a way of putting this thread back at the top of the list for other members to see it again.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
what does that mean?
Matthew's trying to draw more attention to your post so people will answer.

I've only had one Bourkes and she was a very sweet little girl. I rehomed her to a lady who had several Bourkes because Sadie was afraid of the rest of my flock who were too noisy and pushy for her. Out of curiosity, is your little one banded too?

I don't believe it's high, I went online to look at pricing of birds for sale and the pricing varied from $99 to $453.99. Pricing showed up on the second page.
bourke's parakeets - Google Search

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I don't know that much about Bourke costs, except what Sanda posted, but if he truley comes all vet checked then that sounds like a really good deal. A full vet check with disease testing and dna testing could run anywhere from $150-$500 alone.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
he's banded is is being hand fed 1 feeding per day now she said he would be ready in 1 to 2 weeks

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It sounds like you are dealing with a conscientious breeder, down to 1 feeding but still allowing for 1-2 weeks before ready to go to his new home. About the only thing I'd suggest, which will drive you crazy (cause you're waiting), is to let the breeder take as much time as necessary for your little one to completely wean. From what I've seen, young birds have a tendency to regress when they go to a new home and sometimes go back to needing to be handfed a little. I don't mean to scare or worry you I'm just mentioning it so that you're aware before and not after your faby's come home.

We're going to need photos …. :chrisphoto: :rosbor:

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I agree I can't wait to get the little stinker home but at the same time I don't want her sending him home with me until he is 100% ready

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
From what I have seen around here, I think it's a good price. I was just at a bird fair that had some Bourkes and if I'm remembering correctly, that's what they were being sold for- and I don't think they came with DNA testing, etc.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Normals used to sell for $75... but I've now seem them around $200! So $150 isn't a bad price for a hand raised baby. Does she send the babies home flighted or clipped?

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
Normals used to sell for $75... but I've now seem them around $200! So $150 isn't a bad price for a hand raised baby. Does she send the babies home flighted or clipped?
I don't know I didn't think about that I hope they don't I will find out thanks

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
well what is that saying snooze and you lose by the time I decided to put a deposit down on the bird someone else bought him I guess it wasn't meant to be my heart is broken but I did not want to make a decision in haste I will just wait until they have more

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Does the breeder have a waiting lost for you to join? Most do, and will give you first dibs once they have a new clutch. The benefit here is now you can request ahead of time that they don't clip your baby even if they do usually clip all their chicks.