• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures bought a baking sheet

2torts1bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ida
I was at TJMaxx and saw this baking sheet and it caught my eye because of the labeling: "PTFE and PFOA free". It uses Xylan. Hopefully it is safe, since it pointed it out I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The brand is David Burke Commercial Bakeware. I'm slowly but surely replacing cookware/bakeware in my home :)
image.jpg

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Weird, wikipedia says "The fluoropolymers utilized in Xylan coatings consist of PTFE, PFA, and FEP" :confused:

2torts1bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ida
Weird, wikipedia says "The fluoropolymers utilized in Xylan coatings consist of PTFE, PFA, and FEP" :confused:
I noticed that too, maybe it's a different product? I will see if I can contact the company.
Update: Looked on the website and look what I found!! I am so excited.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Someone once told me that when in doubt, e-mail the company and tell them you own some super expensive parrots - then ask them if the product is safe to use around said parrots . . . . .

2torts1bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ida
I've never heard of Xylan, so maybe call the manufacturer just to be sure.

We use mostly aluminum or stoneware bakeware now. My all-time favourite baking sheet is this one: Stoneware Large Bar Pan - Shop | The Pampered Chef.
Stoneware is awesome! It's all I will use for baking cookies.
Ooh, I will have to look into stoneware. Customer Service responded and said Xylan cookware uses PTFE/PFOA BUT the bakeware uses SILICONE. So just be careful and don't buy their cookware.