• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bosco update!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today marks 2 weeks of Bosco and I sharing our lives together and I couldn't be happier with him! I just love and adore him so much, he makes me smile every day and my heart is full and content to once again be sharing my life with a bird to love and cherish. I'm pleased to report that he's settling in well,he loves his veggies now and will happily dive in and stuff his little beak Peas and corn are his favs but he will eat green beans and carrots as well with lesser enthusiasm but still he has a few bites so I'll call that a win. He still sadly won't touch pellets but I'll keep trying everyday but at least with eating the veggies and not just straight seeds I feel a little bit better about the lack of pellets but it still makes me twitch to give him seeds.

He's really starting to play with toys more he doesn't play all day with them like my Conures did but when he gets in the mood he will often spend 15 mins or more playing constantly before he gets bored and moves on.
He still is terrified of my hands even after 2 weeks of seeing me open the door to change his food and water he still 95% of the time will bolt to the top of the cage in terror no matter where he is but sometimes rarely will he stay put but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why he does or doesn't take off. Its a little sad I admit but I'm hoping that as more time passes he will get better about that. He still won't come out of the cage Ive left the door open several times and have a perch on both sides that he would be able to sit on but he shows little interest in coming out. If I open the door after I move back he will climb down from the top corner but he stays along the back wall and wont venture to the front if the door is open. Last night was the closest he's gotten but he still after a few mins changed his mind and climbed to the back wall again.
He does like to interact with me inside the cage though he will constantly climb on the bars closest to me and I talk and sing to him and he seems to be pleased when I'm nearby.

He's definitely becoming more vocal for longer now but I'm so relived to report that it doesn't bother me. That was my biggest worry of course and happily he's the perfect volume for what I can handle now.
Im so very lucky to share my life with him,I'm forever grateful that I took a chance on him. He may never be tamed and I've accepted that but he will be beyond spoiled for the rest of his life wanting for nothing.
I hope that someday he will at least be willing to come out of the cage but I'm in no rush he can settle in in his own time and we will just take it slow.

Psst @Macawnutz he is absolutely in love with that amazing perch. He is shredding the bark and loves to run up and down it. Thanks again so much for blessing me with this one of a kind perch :heart:
Bosco eating peas.jpg
Bosco hanging on cage looking at me.jpg
Bosco on rope perch.jpg

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Good luck with him! :goodluck: You can do it!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today marks 2 weeks of Bosco and I sharing our lives together and I couldn't be happier with him! I just love and adore him so much, he makes me smile every day and my heart is full and content to once again be sharing my life with a bird to love and cherish. I'm pleased to report that he's settling in well,he loves his veggies now and will happily dive in and stuff his little beak Peas and corn are his favs but he will eat green beans and carrots as well with lesser enthusiasm but still he has a few bites so I'll call that a win. He still sadly won't touch pellets but I'll keep trying everyday but at least with eating the veggies and not just straight seeds I feel a little bit better about the lack of pellets but it still makes me twitch to give him seeds.

He's really starting to play with toys more he doesn't play all day with them like my Conures did but when he gets in the mood he will often spend 15 mins or more playing constantly before he gets bored and moves on.
He still is terrified of my hands even after 2 weeks of seeing me open the door to change his food and water he still 95% of the time will bolt to the top of the cage in terror no matter where he is but sometimes rarely will he stay put but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why he does or doesn't take off. Its a little sad I admit but I'm hoping that as more time passes he will get better about that. He still won't come out of the cage Ive left the door open several times and have a perch on both sides that he would be able to sit on but he shows little interest in coming out. If I open the door after I move back he will climb down from the top corner but he stays along the back wall and wont venture to the front if the door is open. Last night was the closest he's gotten but he still after a few mins changed his mind and climbed to the back wall again.
He does like to interact with me inside the cage though he will constantly climb on the bars closest to me and I talk and sing to him and he seems to be pleased when I'm nearby.

He's definitely becoming more vocal for longer now but I'm so relived to report that it doesn't bother me. That was my biggest worry of course and happily he's the perfect volume for what I can handle now.
Im so very lucky to share my life with him,I'm forever grateful that I took a chance on him. He may never be tamed and I've accepted that but he will be beyond spoiled for the rest of his life wanting for nothing.
I hope that someday he will at least be willing to come out of the cage but I'm in no rush he can settle in in his own time and we will just take it slow.

Psst @Macawnutz he is absolutely in love with that amazing perch. He is shredding the bark and loves to run up and down it. Thanks again so much for blessing me with this one of a kind perch :heart:
View attachment 411818
View attachment 411819
View attachment 411820
My gosh he is too cute!!! And you have a blue cage for him! Talk about color coordination:loveshower:
Hooray for eating his veggies :cheer:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My gosh he is too cute!!! And you have a blue cage for him! Talk about color coordination:loveshower:
Hooray for eating his veggies :cheer:
Oh I know! I love that as well. I've actually had this cage for over a decade now. It was Nala's orginally and now belongs to sweet Bosco.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Quite the little cutie you have there. I'm super glad you got back on the horse. You have so much birdie love to give.
Aw thank you so much! That really means a lot to me to have you say that :heart: . I'm so glad I did as well,I was absolutely terrified I admit because I was so scared of noise being an issue again but I'm so proud of myself for taking that risk other wise I'd have lost out on the chance of a lifetime and have always regretted it.