• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bonding

Blindwolfxing

Moving in
Real Name
Amanda
So back when I first got Skylar (my former B&G) and joined the first time. I was told that Skylar's instant connection with me after 8 other homes was not a common thing. Fast forward 4 years and now I have Roscoe (B&G) and he has begun the same instant bonding behaviors. From day 1 within minutes of meeting me he has attempted to feed and groom me while distrusting everyone else in the house. So, all that being said how many others have not had to work to earn the trust of their rehomed macaws?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Taco decided I was his best friend the day I brought him home. I was trying to go slow and give him his space, but he wasn't having it. He was on my arm in no time at all. :D

It was a serious shock to me after seeing the conditions he came from, but the poor guy must have been desperate for love and attention after being relegated to a dirty porch for years. He just lives for getting every ounce of affection he can.