• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bonding Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Like a lot of babies, Yoshi's pretty friendly. He does pretty well with everyone in the family, but his biggest bond is with my father and myself and he deosn't seem to take to my sister that way.

She admitted she was a little nervous around him right after we got him because of Westley's death, so she started bonding with him a little later. He does like her, he'll sit on her and play, eat, or preen, and he'll get scritches. He's very cuddly with my dad and myself, but he doesn't really cuddle with Kiersten. He'll gladly get off Kiersten to be with us and misbehaves more with her. It seems like he tries to see what he can get away with.

It's hard for her to spend one on one time with him because he gets distracted by us, and when we leave he calls for us.

Is there anything she or we can do to help him bond with her?

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
There is never a guarantee what people a bird will choose as their person or who they want nothing to do with. At least Yoshi is not attacking Kiersten so that is going for you. One thing she can do is that she and she alone gives Yoshi his favorite treats and just keep handling him and her being the one who does his favorite things with, whether it is playing a favorite game or getting extra lovings. Of coarse, you risk him switching his favorite person from you and/or your Dad to her.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Maybe she can offer him the most high value treats he has? :)

Arachloroptera

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I find that it's just like kids... whomever spends the most time with them more so than those who give them treats. But hey, treats certainly sweet'n the deal.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.