1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bonding Advice

Discussion in 'Quaker Causeway' started by Tracy Jamieson, 11/21/17.

1. Tracy Jamieson

Tracy Jamieson Checking out the neighborhood

Tracy Jamieson
    Well I couldn't make up my mind between a male and female, so got them both. They are in separate cages and I take each out separately and spend about 30 minutes with each one on my shoulder in the morning before work. Sometimes I'll put both on my shoulder. They seem to really like each other when they are together on my shoulder. Then when they are in their respective cages, they screech to each other.

My question is, do I have a chance with what I've described above, of establishing a good bond with each one? They were hand raised and are 13 and 14 weeks old, respectively.

2. cnyguy

cnyguy Jogging around the block Avenue Veteran

Gary
    You should have a good chance of bonding with both parrots, as long as you're providing each of them with individual attention. Keeping them in separate cages and individual out-of-cage time will both help.

3. Lodah

Lodah Rollerblading along the road

We love pictures here! :fairy:

4. fidsmom

fidsmom Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Susan
    Out of my 7 Quakers,Only 2 are in same cage.Even thou they are bonded to each other,they still will interact with me.

Mizzely likes this.
Tags:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)