• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boba updates

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
Thanks for the advice. He has a small travel cage that he will go into with the aid of treats, but still doesn't spend much time in there. I'm sure he will appreciate the upgrade though.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
What a happy little bird!

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Boba just being his usual adorable self! LOL
Can I ask you if you are still happy with your decision to just have Boba and not have two? It seems Boba is certainly well adjusted and happy with you as his flock mate. I'm still debating the one or two birds situation. It seems the more I read on this forum of peoples experiences..........it seems pretty clear that most birds do not like sharing their space.........unless THEY get to do the picking themselves, ha ha. I know I don't have room for two cages so I can't have them living side by side. I haven't ruled out looking for a bonded pair, but then I have the issue of egg laying and the best way to manage that to think about. So pretty sure I'm going with one at this time.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So cute, what sweet little noises!

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
I think that having Boba as a single bird is much better for him. He was picked on before I got him by the other lovebirds he shared the aviary with. I think he prefers being in his own cage. If you do only get one remember that you need to spend two to three times more time with him/her than you would with a bonded pair.

Rolanda

Boba seems to LOVE interacting with you. He started off quiet and then started TALKING TO YOU... So Cute!

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
He does love to talk, especially when it's just me and him. He also talks in his sleep, constantly. If I don't talk to him while he naps he gets all huffy and won't nap until I sing to him. Bratty birdy. Lol.

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
Hey everyone! Life's been crazy the last month or so. Boba is doing well, for the most part. He refuses to come out of his cage at all now. I've added a ton of toys and perches that he likes all over the outside of his cage, but he won't venture further then his stand. I've tried everything and still he just huffs at me when I try to get him out. I'm at a loss for what to do. On the up side he loves watching game of thrones. He sings through most of the episodes. He even calls back to the ravens when they are on screen.
I was given a rather large cage, but unfortunately it's not in very good condition. I don't think it's worth having it bead blasted and repowder coated.

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
Hey everyone! Things have been crazy busy the last couple of months. Boba is now in an upgraded version of his vision cage. He is currently sitting on my curtain rod grinding his beak and "protecting" the room. We moved to a quieter house about a month ago and he has been much happier. He still hates hands, but he is learning that outside is fun too.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Boba is beautiful.

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
Now that he's comfy on his curtain rod, I can't get him to go home for bed time. Any advice?

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
You can't get him to step up onto a stick?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Glad you are both doing well, and that you have a nice, quieter home! Does he like sleeping in his cage? Maybe try dimming the lights if he won't get on a stick for a treat. You could try target training him so that in the future it's easier to get him to go where you want him.

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
I finally got him back in with treats. I've been trying to target train him, he would go to the stick in the past, but he has developed an aversion to it since we moved. I guess it's back to square one with training.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Nice to hear an update from you........glad all is well with you and Boba and he is happier in your new home. He is such a cute bird.