1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boba updates

Discussion in 'Lovebird Lane' started by Gddmsam, 1/18/17.

1. Gddmsam

Gddmsam Walking the driveway

Sam
    I finally got a video of him napping.

Laura729 and CallieCadmoor like this.
  2. Gddmsam

Sam
    Huge steps today!!! Boba has been so happy today, he has been hopping around and destroying his toys like a good boy. He has also started dancing and talking like crazy. He's hanging off of everything and seems to be all around ecstatic when I'm in the room.
    He stepped up from his stand and wasn't scared at all of my hand. Its like he is a completely different bird now that his flight feathers are coming in, and man are they coming in fast. He has one on his right now and more coming in.
    I'm bringing him to the local Avet for a check up and nail trim Saturday.

Thanks for reading,
    Sam and a very happy Boba

3. Monica

Monica Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Monica
    I wish more people who as patient and understanding as you are with Boba when it comes to their new feathered companions!!!

Sounds like Boba is doing fantastic! Love reading the updates about you two!! :D

Gddmsam likes this.
  4. Gddmsam

Sam
    Boba and I just got back from the vet. He is a perfect 35 grams, and in all around excellent health. He did bruise his wing the other day, which is why we went in, that and he needed a nail trim, or to figure out why he bites his nails. Apparently it's just a habit. He is still on cage rest and got a minor pain killer, with a couple more doses for the next couple days.

nu2birds and Tiel Feathers like this.
  5. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Tailgating!!! I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    Aw, I hope his wingfeels better soon!

Gddmsam likes this.
  6. Gddmsam

Sam
    Well, I think he's a little stoned on the pain meds right now... But I was assured that he will make a full recovery in a week or so.

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  7. JaclynBin

JaclynBin Sprinting down the street

Jaclyn
    Squeee Fischers are so tiny. That's too bad about his wing - but hopefully he'll jump back in no time.

Out of curiosity, how does a stoned bird act? :p

Gddmsam likes this.
  8. Gddmsam

Sam
    Quiet, a little confused and very thirsty. Occasionally he will stare at the blank wall behind his cage and cock his head from side to side, for about three to five minutes.

nu2birds, JaclynBin and Tiel Feathers like this.
  9. Gddmsam

Sam
    Oh boy is Boba mad at me. He hasn't talked more than a few words since we got back from the Avet. I put on rogue one for him, its his favorite movie, and gave him some yummy broccoli and green peppers. Hopefully he will come around soon. Unfortunately his flight feather was damaged during his check up and fell out today, but he seems much more comfortable now that it's not sticking out sideways. Poor lil fella. :(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)