• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Boarded my birds...geez not happy campers!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Have to fly out of town sunday for the week, and person that was to look after birds suddenly got tied up...sooooo. Had to board birds today. I wasn't happy about having to do that but everyone is out of town or tied up and couldn't watch them.
Poor poppers, she is never caged, when I left her at boarders, she was talking thru cage saying
" I'm a good girl...I'm a good girl daddy yea?? "
Hope she doesn't take this as punishment. Assured her that it's just a few days, daddy will be back.
Grayson was next to another grey congo being boarded and a really pretty macaw. He's not happy either. But just for a few days. I hate boarding birds.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh my gosh, I can feel your pain. Well, look at it this way, maybe it will be like children going to summer camp, at first, they might hate it, but they may end up enjoying all the sights, sounds, and smells and having a great experience.
We can hope. I have never had to board a bird, only dogs, and I always cried when I left the boarding facility.
:heart:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully Poppers will not be mad & give you those Zon nips! The ones that say I :heart: you but I 'm so :delete: maddddd @ you!

Have a safe trip my friend!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Poor poppers, she is never caged, when I left her at boarders, she was talking thru cage saying
" I'm a good girl...I'm a good girl daddy yea?? "
Reading that made me tear up.

It reminds me of when Cassie would see me start to leave the room...she'd call out to me, "I LOVE YOU" and reach out to grab onto me.

Her first owner and her were very close...then he banished her to the basement for some ungodly reason...so she definitely had separation issues.

Poppers... your Daddy loves you...and he'll be back soon...:heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby was very upset when we dropped him off a few years ago but the gal we used had great feedback and a lot of birds in a nice small house. He was doing the Pionus KACK KACK KACK when we walked out of the bird room so I went back in and talked to him and let him hang onto my finger. When we finally got in contact with her after we got where we were going she said when she let him and the rest of the safe to be together birds out he flew up to a roost and watched, then later started flying around with all the birds and made friends. He was having a great time causing trouble and playing and he was confident and fun to be around. Hopefully your guys get some out time and get to make new friends like Dobby did once they get over the initial shock of being dropped off with no clue why. Dobby is invited back for a play date any time we want now.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Reading that made me tear up.

It reminds me of when Cassie would see me start to leave the room...she'd call out to me, "I LOVE YOU" and reach out to grab onto me.

Her first owner and her were very close...then he banished her to the basement for some ungodly reason...so she definitely had separation issues.

Poppers... your Daddy loves you...and he'll be back soon...:heart:

Funny thing bob, I never taught her the " I'm a good girl" phrase...something she learned from previous owner, and rarely says. But sure is amazing that they know when to use correct phrases at the appropriate times.
And yea, they way she said it made me tear up as well. Almost like she thought she was being punished and I wasn't coming back. Miss them already!!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hopefully Poppers will not be mad & give you those Zon nips! The ones that say I :heart: you but I 'm so :delete: maddddd @ you!

Have a safe trip my friend!
Thanks rain.....I hate boarding birds...I tend to worry too much. And those zon nips, yes she does that and purrs as she does it.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Dobby was very upset when we dropped him off a few years ago but the gal we used had great feedback and a lot of birds in a nice small house. He was doing the Pionus KACK KACK KACK when we walked out of the bird room so I went back in and talked to him and let him hang onto my finger. When we finally got in contact with her after we got where we were going she said when she let him and the rest of the safe to be together birds out he flew up to a roost and watched, then later started flying around with all the birds and made friends. He was having a great time causing trouble and playing and he was confident and fun to be around. Hopefully your guys get some out time and get to make new friends like Dobby did once they get over the initial shock of being dropped off with no clue why. Dobby is invited back for a play date any time we want now.
Yea they're with several other birds, greys, macaws, and ringnecks. Wonder what words they'll learn...lol.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Funny thing bob, I never taught her the " I'm a good girl" phrase...something she learned from previous owner, and rarely says. But sure is amazing that they know when to use correct phrases at the appropriate times.
And yea, they way she said it made me tear up as well. Almost like she thought she was being punished and I wasn't coming back. Miss them already!!!
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We live too far apart but i would bird sit at last minute for someone that had no more than 3 birds.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks rain.....I hate boarding birds...I tend to worry too much. And those zon nips, yes she does that and purrs as she does it.
:bluhug:

We live too far apart but i would bird sit at last minute for someone that had no more than 3 birds.

Isn't this lady Too Tweet!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh how hard it must have been to leave them, especially with Poppers saying she’s a good girl.:( That’s just heartbreaking. Now I can’t wait for your return either, so I can hear about how happy they are to see you. I’m sorry you had to leave them there, but I’m glad it’s only a few days.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I hate boarding Bella but and when I leave, she shows me her butt. If this is the first time that they are being boarded, they will be a little upset because they are not sure that you are coming back. When I go away, I tell Bella how many days I am going away for and then then when I get back, she yells at me, checks over her cage to make sure that I didn't move anything, and then sits on my shoulder for scritches. But I have wonderful people who love Bella and take good care of her. Your birds will be fine. Just expect a cold shoulder for a little while.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry. It's hard to leave them.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I boarded Blu 2 weeks ago with our vet when we drove to CA to pick up our new Goldendoodle. He was unscathed and calm when I picked him up but ready to go home. We haven't seen any after effects so maybe all will be well with yours.
Heya Mike!
Did you get a new siggy? It's really pretty!