• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Quaker around Minnesota

Mia V

Meeting neighbors
So, I'm looking to get a youngish (2-3 years) blue quaker. I was wondering if anyone knew of any for sale around Minnesota area and maybe the states around it like Wisconsin and North Dakota (I'm willing to travel about 6 hours to go get it). I don't care if it's a baby from a breeder or the owner doesn't want it anymore. I've searched craigslist like crazy and looked at the online websites, but shipping costs a pain in the leg and it doesn't sound to safe. I don't know if anyone would know anything, but it's worth a try I guess.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
When I got my blue Quaker a couple of years ago, I got him from a bird fair in Illinois but, he was from a breeder in Wisconsin. They said it is now illegal to sell Quakers in Wisconsin so I don't think you can get one from there any more. Unless maybe it's a private seller who just can't take care of theirs anymore.

I am afraid I don't have any leads for you but please keep looking because I'm sure that it will work out for you somehow. There are so many birds in need and thank you sooo much for trying to adopt an older bird.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I was going to suggest Jo's Exotics but they're in WI. Jo's Exotic Birds - Bird Toys, Parrot Toys and Cages, Bird Cages, Hand Fed Baby Birds and Accessories Try calling them and leaving a message, they're an older couple and aren't very email savvy. They never bring their birds to the Rolling Meadows fair, only toys and birds supplies.

For any members who watch the video, there's a bearded guy w/glasses in a blue shirt at the beginning - that's Kayaker (George) and the birds with him are from his rescue. This fair's website is Account Suspended and they list their vendors; some are breeders and some sell supplies. Not within 6 hour drive I believe but I'm throwing it out there.

I also picked up a flyer for the TASC expo on November 9th (3-9 p.m.) & 10th (9 a.m.-3 p.m.). Website TASC - The Avicultural Society of Chicagoland - If you can wait until November, you might want to drive down and stay overnight. TASC has speakers too, usually some behavior related and/or vets.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month