• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Crowned Conures

Status
Not open for further replies.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Hey everybody! It's been months since I've been on the forum but I am renewing my efforts to find a home for the pair of BCC's we've been fostering for quite some time now. Here's a snippet from my original post on them back in 2016:

The BCC's at my house are still in need of a forever home! They are easy to care for because all they really want is clean water, good food and some daily time out to climb around and flap their wings. They still don't want to be handled BUT Nya has decided that my husband is worthy of some beaky kisses (though he's still very hesitant, that's a giant step!) We simply do not have the space for a nice big cage for them and are still searching for the right home where their people will be content to let them be birds and take care of each other and just be enjoyed from a little distance. :) I do think with the right person, lots of patience and trust-building, they'll eventually come around but don't want to re-home them with someone under the impression that they're cuddly companions.

So if you or anyone you know may be interested in giving these beautiful babies a home, please let me know!!

To preface the above bit of the very long story - we took them in as fosters but have not had success in rehoming them. Since that time, we were able to get them a decent sized cage and we squeezed it in the bird room. They're both healthy and happy, in great feather, etc. Fortunately, Kitty does not have an issue with eggs! She laid FOUR right after getting them to our house but hasn't laid a single one since then - so 3 years and counting, which is great.

They still really don't care to be handled but are very "chatty" and do talk a little. They're so easy to take care of but I really do think with the right person who has more time to work with them they'd get to where they will tolerate some handling and maybe even learn to enjoy it. :) They''ll take treats by hand fairly nicely most of the time and will step up if they're out flying around and get stuck somewhere.... so not totally hands-off.

So please let me know if you're interested!! I'd love to find a great forever home for them! They are very bonded so I will not separate them. Please ask questions if you have any!! nya kitty 1.jpg nya kitty 2.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're so cute. I hope they find a nice home. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are beautiful. Hope you can find a wonderful home for them.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Thank you both - spread the word to any good prospects! :)

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope you found a good home for these two. I have two males and they are great birds.

Crissy in MI

Moving in
Hello! Where are you located?

I have some experience with parrots. I had a rescue lovebird for 16 years, who died in January due to old age. I also fostered two budgies for several months last year before they went to their forever home. I now don't have any pets. I'm severely allergic to cats, so rest easy on that regard. No kids. My husband and I own a house in Michigan. I have regular 8-5 work hours. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.