• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bloody feather on face

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Is it still bleeding?

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
Is it still bleeding?
No it’s not it seems dried now. I tied touching it with a Q-tip that was wet and it had some hood satin at the top by that was a couple hours ago and it’s not doing that anymore. I don’t have to pull it out do I? I’m a bit scared lol. Thanks

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
No it’s not it seems dried now. I tied touching it with a Q-tip that was wet and it had some hood satin at the top by that was a couple hours ago and it’s not doing that anymore. I don’t have to pull it out do I? I’m a bit scared lol. Thanks
No you don’t have to pull it out. If it starts bleeding again apply some cornstarch to the general area.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Can you think of how he got the bloody feather?

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
Can you think of how he got the bloody feather?
I’m not sure how. I refilled her pellets a little after 2 in the afternoon and I came back at 7 and saw the red feather thing. I’m not sure maybe from biting at some of her toys? Or is biting at the side of the cage a possibility? I’ve noticed that she’s been biting at the side of the cage sometimes.

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
No you don’t have to pull it out. If it starts bleeding again apply some cornstarch to the general area.
I’ve actually put a little corn starch power before when I noticed it. Some went in her mouth though, is that bad? I have her some water very quickly after that happened

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I’ve actually put a little corn starch power before when I noticed it. Some went in her mouth though, is that bad? I have her some water very quickly after that happened
It’s ok because you gave her water.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I’m not sure how. I refilled her pellets a little after 2 in the afternoon and I came back at 7 and saw the red feather thing. I’m not sure maybe from biting at some of her toys? Or is biting at the side of the cage a possibility? I’ve noticed that she’s been biting at the side of the cage sometimes.
Maybe she needs more chewable toys so she doesn’t bite the bars?