• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Blind budgie with the best of friends

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
thanks for your thoughts, we are actually fine, Merlin is a little bit restless but it seems that although Twitter the parrotlet has been a plague to Tikki and him all along, the 2 are now negociating some kind of... well, if not friendship yet, at least companionship.
I had them together in the biggest cage yesterday, Merlin was much calmer then, although he was careful not to let Twitter close enough to bite him (clever guy, that Merlin).

20180722_172507[1].jpg
Today while I was at work I had Twitter's cage in the living room where Merlin was free, I could see he had been around the cage while I was away, which is good. I think it's going to go well :hug6:

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hello everyone, I thought I could give you an update on Merlin :budgie9:.
Tikki has been gone for 2 months today, and Merlin is doing quite fine, he does his best to cope with Twitter, the tame parrotlet, who's other name could be "sweetest plague ever :vlb2:" .
Merlin was never tame, but being left alone with Twitter he finally explored the kitchen (where he never entered while Tikki was alive) and gets some more guts to land on the table or the sofa, quite funny to see. I never thought a 3 year-old budgie who never wanted to be tame, would start after such a long time living his bird life without minding us.

But the thing is, Twitter is not very nice to Merlin:naughty:. He is clearly dominant, which Merlin fully accepts in order to have company, but I really feel sorry for him that he has to do with bad company just to have company. What he had with Tikki was so much more rewarding:chipmunks:! So I am actually considering getting a new budgie just so that he would enjoy some real social life and friendship again. Either a rescue bird needing a friend, or a new baby if I don't find any.. There are many pros and cons to consider though, so we are not 100% sure yet, but for Merlin at least, I'm sure it would be the best.