• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bleeding hearts shouldn't be allowed on Kijiji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Omg u people! Maya has been with me for over a year..she got adopted out on wednesday but was very aggressive towards the ladies little boys. I took her back today after the lady had put an ad on Kijiji. I did not want her bouncing around from house to house. Give me some credit here. She has not been adopted out numerous times and will not be.
I want the right home for her..no ego..hafran will not get her..period..she lied about me and my intentions and if you cannot afford the bird then u cannot afford to have a bird. They are expensive to upkeep and like she said..has no money right now.
Stop bashing me. Ive done nothing wrong and dont need yr opinions..period..thank you
Lady, we are all bird owners, we all know how expensive keeping birds is. But here is the thing, you are not looking at real world. Personally I would not give my address either. When I adopt my little boy two years ago, the person I adopted him from became huge pain in my backside. Calling constantly, showing up at my door uninvited, and it was to the point I had to remind her that she gave up all her rights to have access to him. I made her sign a release the day I got him.
Stupid is as STUPID does. "Forrest Gump"
Yup

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Omg u people! Maya has been with me for over a year..she got adopted out on wednesday but was very aggressive towards the ladies little boys. I took her back today after the lady had put an ad on Kijiji. I did not want her bouncing around from house to house. Give me some credit here. She has not been adopted out numerous times and will not be.
I want the right home for her..no ego..hafran will not get her..period..she lied about me and my intentions and if you cannot afford the bird then u cannot afford to have a bird. They are expensive to upkeep and like she said..has no money right now.
Stop bashing me. Ive done nothing wrong and dont need yr opinions..period..thank you
I'm sorry you feel bashed but the whole situation is very odd to me. And if you don't like it here nothing is stopping you from not coming back. Honestly the whole thing looks like emotional trolling to me. Listen I don't like accusing people of things when I don't know the whole situation. But I can't help feeling you are somewhat getting off on all the drama you create. Why else would you care so much what a bunch of strangers think. It's just so weird to me...

But I wish you and Maya well. And sincerely hope you find an awesome forever home for her.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Forgive me for asking but why are you trying to find a new soft landing place for Maya after a year with her?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Forgive me for asking but why are you trying to find a new soft landing place for Maya after a year with her?
I think I read earlier in a post the good old lame excuse of not giving her the time she needs.

And lastly, no Person who loves their Mealy as your screen name suggests would rehome their Mealy!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please don't jump down their throats. None of us knew the full story, and if you're mad at me then be mad at me. Not everyone else.

There were misunderstandings on both of our ends (for instance, I never lied about having a boyfriend, as I do not and did not, and I never lied about my housing; I think you got me confused with the other person you were meeting with).

When I refer to money, I refer to excess money. I have plenty in terms of funds for food, toys, vet bills, and other pet-related expenses. I don't have a thousand extra dollars lying around, but I have plenty for my fids. I don't spend money that, in my eyes, belongs to my pets.

But thats not the point. Because at the end of the day, this is about MAYA. Not me, not you, not the misunderstandings between us.

I only posted the update saying how sad I was that Maya was being rehomed again. The ad itself insinuated that she had been bounced among different homes, and that's what I was referring to. I never said that you were doing anything wrong.

I hope you find a wonderful, experienced, loving forever home for Maya soon. She deserves it.

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well if you truly want a good home for Maya get past the problems and work something out with hrafn. You will get updates here all the time on how she's doing and I'm sure she'd be happy in her flock. Good luck to you and her and I hope she ends up in a great forever home.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Mealy lover

I have an idea, why don't you post an ad for Maya on AA's Rehome Highway thread? There are plenty of Canadian members here, and you would get updates on her progress on AA. Or maybe tell her new owner about AA so they could join?
We'd love to see more of her, too. She's such a doll. :)

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Wow I just got through this whole roller coaster of a thread. @hrafn I used to have phone anxiety as well and ptsd from a traumatic event that affected my interactions with people. It DOES get better. :bighug: I don’t have any phone anxiety anymore and what ptsd I do have I control with constantly surrounding myself with my family and that includes my birds, which I’m sure is why you seem to be such a good bird parront...they’re family.
Being in a family that has people that work with a lot of the shady side of the community frequently, some people thrive on drama. They feel the power from their high horse stance and I swear you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to make sense of their actions. I love meeting those people because they never know quite what to do with someone who stands tall in front of them. Always keep your chin up and remember your worth, most especially in times of adversity.
And as a side note: I would NEVER give my address out. Most police stations have a set parking space now for meet ups from Craigslist so people can feel safe. That’s just the world we live in. So protecting your home address isn’t crazy or being evasive, it’s smart and literally the #1 thing law enforcement recommends. (Seriously, my husband can’t believe how many calls he gets about assaults resulting from a craigslist meet up)
I’m sure the right bird is still out there for you and I hope this sweet bird finds her perfect home. :hug1:

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Mealy lover saw @hrafn ‘s post saying she might get the bird, and took steps to make sure that didn’t happen.

So sad. @hrafn felt a special bond with Maya — you can’t fake that. Maybe mealy felt a little jealous, as things weren’t working out so well for her?

At any rate sabotaging the deal over an address ... quite dramatic and not very real-world. Go back and read my story in this thread, and imagine you are in my daughter’s shoes. Don’t just imagine it for an hour; it was 24 full hours. Don’t give out your address, ladies.

Hrafn I am so sorry. If my bird had just flown into a wall I wouldn’t have $1000 laying around either, until next month.When I first read that you might get her I was so happy and willling to loan you some of the $$ to help. Darn it.

We are a close group and one of the best things @hrafn that you can draw from this is we’ve got your back.

@Mealy lover I hope you can learn to forgive, as carrying grudges is unhealthy and can literally make you ill. I do not believe there was any ill will toward you. I also hope that maybe you can read threads here and take some of the training/behavior advice and perhaps make a better life for your bird. Not that you haven’t. Just there’s always room for improvement - I work for that every single day.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
@Mealy lover saw @hrafn ‘s post saying she might get the bird, and took steps to make sure that didn’t happen.

So sad. @hrafn felt a special bond with Maya — you can’t fake that. Maybe mealy felt a little jealous, as things weren’t working out so well for her?

At any rate sabotaging the deal over an address ... quite dramatic and not very real-world. Go back and read my story in this thread, and imagine you are in my daughter’s shoes. Don’t just imagine it for an hour; it was 24 full hours. Don’t give out your address, ladies.

Hrafn I am so sorry. If my bird had just flown into a wall I wouldn’t have $1000 laying around either, until next month.When I first read that you might get her I was so happy and willling to loan you some of the $$ to help. Darn it.

We are a close group and one of the best things @hrafn that you can draw from this is we’ve got your back.

@Mealy lover I hope you can learn to forgive, as carrying grudges is unhealthy and can literally make you ill. I do not believe there was any ill will toward you. I also hope that maybe you can read threads here and take some of the training/behavior advice and perhaps make a better life for your bird. Not that you haven’t. Just there’s always room for improvement - I work for that every single day.
That was such a prefect post:heart2: I caught up with this thread and feel the same. I am so sorry to hear it didn’t work out, I think it could have been a match Made in heaven!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I was getting pretty mad reading this that day. I don't apologize at all for my remark about her user name, such a f'n hypocrite! It's stupid that someone would not choose a great bird savvy home over the address etc.

Just ridiculous.

Mealy lover

Moving in
Call me what u want...its not yr bird..and if you were in my position..which you have no idea about..you would not rehome to someone that you didnt get a good vibe from..for whatever reason..
Yr not in my shoes..so keep yr opinions to yrself..judgemental biotch...bye bye

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Aside from the cursing, I understand both sides. I would not feel comfortable giving my address when I lived alone, but on the other hand I would want to make certain that any animal I rehomed went to a good home. I've heard of rescues sometimes allowing a Skype visit in lieu of an in-home visit when the prospective adopters lived too far away to make a visit feasible. Too bad that could not have been a solution in this case. :(

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Call me what u want...its not yr bird..and if you were in my position..which you have no idea about..you would not rehome to someone that you didnt get a good vibe from..for whatever reason..
Yr not in my shoes..so keep yr opinions to yrself..judgemental biotch...bye bye
There are children on this forum. Be respectful, please.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aside from the cursing, I understand both sides. I would not feel comfortable giving my address when I lived alone, but on the other hand I would want to make certain that any animal I rehomed went to a good home. I've heard of rescues sometimes allowing a Skype visit in lieu of an in-home visit when the prospective adopters lived too far away to make a visit feasible. Too bad that could not have been a solution in this case. :(
I understand where she's coming from too (especially now I've had a long while to reflect), which is the real shame. We both got wildly bad vibes off of one another; honestly if I hadn't had such a negative gut reaction, I probably wouldn't have been so adamant about keeping my address a secret.
But as much as we both love Maya, we don't trust each other. And I don't blame her for disliking me any more than I blame myself for (in my eyes) protecting myself and my kids.

Bad juju all around. :shrug:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@Mealy lover you call all the names that you wish, our greatest concern is Maya. My personal opinion is you have stated in no uncertain terms that Maya will not be going to @hrafn. So why the heck do care what is being said about you by us. JMHO you are as close to troll as you can get. And NO I will not apologize for that. Emotionally you are only here to harass the membership and hrafn
:scared1:There the door you are more then welcome to walk away and leave. I hope that you find a loving home for Maya, too bad that you can't seem to get past your own personal grudges.

Status
Not open for further replies.