• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bleeding hearts shouldn't be allowed on Kijiji!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Poor Maya was sent to the wrong home because of a silly issue with people. Lets just have our fingers crossed that this time only the happiness and health of the bird is taken into account and peoples ego/attitude/feelings do not come into the equation

Mealy lover

Moving in
This is Mayas original owner..she is back with me so you can all rest easy about her fate..thank you for yr concern

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She probably mentioned my name and they remembered me.
I see. @Mealy lover you've been watching the thread, may as well shed some light somewhere. hrafn really does want the best for Maya

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Poor Maya was sent to the wrong home because of a silly issue with people. Lets just have our fingers crossed that this time only the happiness and health of the bird is taken into account and peoples ego/attitude/feelings do not come into the equation.
@hrafn just bet me with a post...........really goes to show that Mayas needs and feelings are not as important as they should be. I would not care how much I hated someone if they were a perfect match/choice of home for a pet who needed rehoming then that is where the pet would go. Especially if the pet had shown comfort and acceptance with that person.

This seems so very terribly sad for Maya. I am so sorry this is happening for Maya, she needs to be settled and loved.

Mealy lover

Moving in
She will stay with me till a suitable home is found..no egos involved..not a money issue

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@Mealy lover it seems to me that @hrafn has offered to be suitable home for Maya. Is there any chance that your own ego is might be a problem? I have read, this entire thread, several times. Maya loves her, and its you who is carrying the grudge not Maya. All we want to see is that Maya has a loving ,suitable, forever home.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
This is all so weird and fishy to me. This has happened so fast!! Especially for Maya to be back to her old owner with in a day of of @hrafn learning about her update. I dunno... I'm just sad for Maya :sad8:

Seriously? There are no words...
Yeah I feel ya

Mealy lover

Moving in
Omg u people! Maya has been with me for over a year..she got adopted out on wednesday but was very aggressive towards the ladies little boys. I took her back today after the lady had put an ad on Kijiji. I did not want her bouncing around from house to house. Give me some credit here. She has not been adopted out numerous times and will not be.
I want the right home for her..no ego..hafran will not get her..period..she lied about me and my intentions and if you cannot afford the bird then u cannot afford to have a bird. They are expensive to upkeep and like she said..has no money right now.
Stop bashing me. Ive done nothing wrong and dont need yr opinions..period..thank you

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
I'm not one to talk you out of getting this mealy. As a fairly new owner of one, I can tell you mine is a very sweet boy. He's very cuddly, and shows affection unlike his smaller counter parts of my flock. He's pretty quiet, only making some loud calls in the morning and evening lasting about 3-5 minutes.
One thing I can tell you, you'll need to devote a lot of time to her. She will need a lot of out of the cage time. They also love to put everything in their mouth to explore, so watch her catefully.
Mine was hormonal when I got him, and that few weeks was difficult, but I had never had a large hormonal bird before, and he was new to me. I didnt know quite how to deal with it, but got thru it.
They're very sweet birds....

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg u people! Maya has been with me for over a year..she got adopted out on wednesday but was very aggressive towards the ladies little boys. I took her back today after the lady had put an ad on Kijiji. I did not want her bouncing around from house to house. Give me some credit here. She has not been adopted out numerous times and will not be.
I want the right home for her..no ego..hafran will not get her..period..she lied about me and my intentions and if you cannot afford the bird then u cannot afford to have a bird. They are expensive to upkeep and like she said..has no money right now.
Stop bashing me. Ive done nothing wrong and dont need yr opinions..period..thank you
This is a public forum, which essentially revolves around opinions. No one is bashing you, we are simply communicating our concern for Maya's emotional stability. It's unfortunate it has come to this, but it is what it is. I can only hope Maya lands with someone who won't pass her around.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
This is how I feel about it. If I sold my bird to someone and found out two days later they listed the bird for sale. I would be pretty (VERY) upset and without question I would want my bird back. I would want to be the deciding factor on where the bird went. Granted, it wasn't the best decision for Maya to go to this home but people make mistakes in their choice of bird as well as sellers making mistakes on choosing a home. I have no idea how many years the original owner had her but as we all know we can become very attached to our birds in a short time. I'm sure she cares where Maya goes and has gained knowledge through this experience to aid on any future decision for her. Wishing all the best.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
What a sad turn of events. This bird belongs in a BIRD SAVVY home.

Maybe putting aside the cost you are asking which to me is RIDICULOUS to ask $500 or a thousand for this bird you'd be smarter and relinquish her to a rescue who will find the perfect home.

I am not sure why you cannot commit to this bird you took on a year ago. All I can do is shake my head at how nobody is thinking about this poor birds mental wellbeing!!!

You should really be ashamed at YOURSELF.

Sad and F'n CRAZY!!

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

You are absolutely right, you do not owe anyone an explanation, but I am glad you gave one anyway :)
I wish you good luck in finding her the best possible home.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sad turn of events. This bird belongs in a BIRD SAVVY home.

Maybe putting aside the cost you are asking which to me is RIDICULOUS to ask $500 or a thousand for this bird you'd be smarter and relinquish her to a a rescue who will find the perfect home.

I am not sure why you cannot commit to this bird you took on a year ago. All I can do is shake my head at how nobody us thinking about this poor birds mental wellbeing!!!

You should really be ashamed at YOURSELF.

Sad and F'n CRAZY!!
My thoughts exactly, I just didn't want to raise my blood pressure

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh, goodness. Just read your post after my last post. You've only had her for just over a year. Well, while it does make me sad for Maya, we are not to judge what ever reason you have for looking for a new home for her. I'm glad the buyer brought her back to you and I wish you success in finding the perfect home for her. I hope she is doing well and not going through any trauma for being moved back and forth from your home to theirs. Good luck and best wishes to you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.