• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent bleeding from his tail feathers

Tracey Pauly

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Tracey
Hi I don't know how to put up a post but when I got my indian ringneck he was very stressed and he had pulled out his tail feathers ive had him for about 2 months now and he is more relaxed but every time one starts growing back he breaks it and tonight I've noticed him bleeding from his tail feathers not heaps but enough to worry me do u have any ideas y or how I can stop this

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I'm not sure exactly how to get him to stop... but maybe he is bored or lonely? Does he have many toys, and how often do you hang out/play with your bird? Could he be stressed from people touching him, or is there something you think is making him upset?

I've never had this problem so i may not be much of a help. But i hope you figure it out :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I think if you are wanting to find out what is going on the best place is a visit to an avian vet. Birds only have so much blood and anemia can set in and you don't want that to happen.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I feel the need to repeat the advice given in your other thread. I know from that thread that there is a history of tail plucking, so there has to be some underlying reason for it. I think your next action should be a visit to an avian vet.