1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black Market for Eagle Feathers

Discussion in 'Bird Watchers Road' started by Lady Jane, 4/6/19.

1. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  2. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Tricia
    Dang! I never knew that!

faislaq and Lady Jane like this.
  3. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    It such a crime against the Eagles.

4. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting!

Tricia
    For sure. Poachers make me sick.

5. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    I don't know what the solution is - for me I just don't give feathers to anyone who asks for them for free for the ceremonies. Around Tucson AZ., there is a whole industry that goes on with Eagle, Hawk and macaw feathers. Almost all of the people who are begging for free feathers are scammers and when they get feathers they sell them to anyone.

Many whites have joined in with the Indians' ceremonies just to use the drugs that the Indians are allowed to use in their ceremonies.

6. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    I don't think we get many eagles out by us, but I've heard it's illegal even to possess hawk or eagle feathers, even if you just find them on the ground. Otherwise I'd pick up the occasional find to send in with our donation feathers *washing my hands thoroughly afterwards of course.) Sad that folks feel they need to resort to poaching ever.

All of this is just messed up. As if the poaching isn't bad enough.

Lady Jane and BeanieofJustice like this.
  7. Lady Jane

Dianne
    Did you read in the link what the poachers do to the eagles?

8. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    It's just sick. There is no punishment great enough for people who torture animals. :darkcloud:

Lady Jane likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)