• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black Cockatoo @ The Local Pet Store

MARILYN CEDENO

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marilyn
And don't give me any anthropomorphic jibber jabber on that, please. Making a gross generalization that implies parrot owners are jailers is offensive. Read the guidelines. I'm sure I'm not the only one to take issue with that. As for questioning if I ever care about how the bird feels? Another low blow.

We are here to share about and learn about our birds. Why don't you share pictures of your birds and their stories with us? How have you provided for your birds to compensate for their domestic habitat? Since this topic is clearly on your mind, you must have some interesting practices or environments to share! Most of us are open to new things that can enrich our birds' lives.
I honestly was ready to delete my AA account because I felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt after a certain poster left a very lengthy comment for me. Not one but a few. I really love to learn from all of you, and share.. that is why I am here. I don't think its fair for anyone to judge when you have "captive animals' of your own. :chin:

Birdie Onions

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tarryn
I honestly was ready to delete my AA account because I felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt after a certain poster left a very lengthy comment for me. Not one but a few. I really love to learn from all of you, and share.. that is why I am here. I don't think its fair for anyone to judge when you have "captive animals' of your own. :chin:
Hi Marilyn,
Ultimately I think you need to look at it as a persons opinion, not everyone's views.
There are going to be times that people say what they do, and don't always agree or choose to disagree with what has been posted or said. As everyone is an individual with their own opinions...that's what makes us human and interesting.
In saying that I think we are all here for just what you said, and that's to learn talk and try enrich our birds lives. As whether we like it or not we all have something in common....the love for birds or animals.