• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'd love her in a heartbeat...wait I kinda do. It does look like the beak has grown a bit. They are resilient little birds.

Lady Hampton

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Crystal
Who knows if it will ever fully grow back, but it looks really good and it sounds like she's adjusting well.
She’s doing great and it’s still showing signs of growth. Either way she can function just fine. She eats all the hard stuff now and can climb and grab for the most part with her beak. So she will be fine no matter the outcome.

Tweetie

Moving in
I am hoping for a follow up about the recovery of the beak.. I have a severely injured beak on a parrotlet.. just looking for some hope.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am hoping for a follow up about the recovery of the beak.. I have a severely injured beak on a parrotlet.. just looking for some hope.
I don’t think you’ll get a reply here… this is an old thread and the OP hasn’t been online here since 2019

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Have you been to an Avian Vet? Some Vets can do prosthetic beaks. Best of luck to your bird. :)

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
My black capped conure Wall-E got her upper beak broken off on June 8th. She was given antibiotics for 15 days and pain medication for 7. The first 2 weeks she could only eat puréed food or baby food. She was also given a special formula for injured birds. She has slowly been able to eat soft fruits and veggies, shell less seeds, and pellets soaked in baby food to soften them. The 3 pictures are as follows. Picture 1 Day 0. The day it happened. Picture 2 is last week when it started peeling. Picture 3 is today. It peeled more and is a little read. The vet said as long as there isn’t pus and she is eating and being normal she’s fine. We have a follow up appointment on the 13th of this mont, so a week and a half. The vet gave her a more than 50% chance of her beak growing back. I think it’s already grown some in the 24 days since it happened. She is starting to preen herself and play with toys. We have a second female bird, Pickle a gcc, that has been nothing but kind and help her preen and cuddle her. 4th picture is Wall-E and Pickle just because they’re cute!
View attachment 308780 View attachment 308782 View attachment 308784
View attachment 308786
Poor baby he is so cute hope he gets well soon

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Poor baby he is so cute hope he gets well soon
This member hasn’t been here for 3 years. They’re unlikely to get your message ;)

Tweetie

Moving in
Have you been to an Avian Vet? Some Vets can do prosthetic beaks. Best of luck to your bird. :)
My vet is going to talk to the Avian vet about 3 hours from here today with pictures and decide if they can do anything to help and what exactly. Then if they feel he needs seen I will drive up there. I am hoping he will be able to eat and be active without surgery.. they are just such a tiny little bird.