• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
It appears to be growing in!! How is Wall-E doing, overall?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so glad he's doing well. I have a fondness for those special needs babies.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
This is great news. I'm so glad she's doing so well! I made an extra side dish for my birds with finely chopped butternut squash, carrot, and sweet potato mixed together, cooked until soft ( microwaved in a covered bowl) and flavored with ceylon cinnamon. My birds love it including my Black capped "Bob". It's the first thing he eats in his dinner dish. Bob says HI! to Wall-E !!!

Squash Mash.JPG

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Great updates!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Wow that is a Vitamin A delight. Did you do the chopping?

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
This is great news. I'm so glad she's doing so well! I made an extra side dish for my birds with finely chopped butternut squash, carrot, and sweet potato mixed together, cooked until soft ( microwaved in a covered bowl) and flavored with ceylon cinnamon. My birds love it including my Black capped "Bob". It's the first thing he eats in his dinner dish. Bob says HI! to Wall-E !!!

View attachment 311742
Agreed! I want to try this out with my birbs

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I did! I have a small food processor called an "Oscar". I've had it for years. I cut the vegetables into small cubes and fill the processor just an inch below the lid and turn it on until there are small bits. All the ingredients go into a bigger bowl, mixed and I microwave for 8-10 minutes. I add a teaspoon or less of the ceylon cinnamon after I mash the veggies together... they're pretty soft after cooking. I forgot to mention I also add a small whole Pink Lady apple chopped in the processor too and mix it in with the veggies. .. because those are sweet and a tiny tart. They probably wouldn't eat it if it didn't have the apple or the cinnamon. All the vegetables are more than a cup each so it makes a good bit and I spoon it into zip lock bags in half inch layers for freezing.

Lady Hampton

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Crystal

View attachment 311742
I need to try this! I think my girls would love it! Hi to Bob from Ms Wall-E!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I think I REALLY need a food processor in my life! Especially for my little birds!!!
This is the one I have and for many years too! You don't really need anything big, especially for your small flock. It comes in handy for quite a few things. I've got my ingredients for the other extra treat I put a dob of in their evening cup. Fresh kale, the small sweet peppers ( orange, red, yellow), organic baby carrots, one pink lady apple, serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, fresh ginger, cayenne pepper. I finely chop each ingredient separate and mix together in a bowl. It is a wet mix and this time I'll be adding some cooked quinoa to it as well. I've tasted it and it's verrrrry spicy!

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Who knows if it will ever fully grow back, but it looks really good and it sounds like she's adjusting well.