1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bite

Discussion in 'Amazon Avenue' started by aooratrix, 3/19/17.

1. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Matthew
    Morgan may be exceptionally laid back for a DYA, but a bird is a bird. While I was changing her papers, she climbed down the side of her cage. It was bath time, so I asked her to step up without paying attention. As my hand got within reach, I noticed Morgan's feathers flare up just as I noticed Nikki, the rotten Bengal who I thought was upstairs, within a few feet of Morgan. Morgan bit me on the index finger and punctured my palm. I had to get "the stick", which is a spare perch, to settle her and pick her up. She was fine after that. She didn't get a pine nut after her bath, though!

2. ThatsFowlPlay

ThatsFowlPlay Hit the Road

Jasmine
    Uh Oh. I hope she didn't mean it but Ouch.

aooratrix likes this.
  3. feathergirl

feathergirl Walking the driveway

I hope your hand and palm are alright and that all is forgiven

aooratrix likes this.
  4. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

If she can't bite Nikki, you'll have to do. ;)

DQTimnehs, Aubrey, aooratrix and 3 others like this.
  5. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Matthew

Exactly!

Hankmacaw likes this.
  6. aooratrix

Matthew

Oh, she meant it. When an Amazon bites, they give it their all, IME.

7. aooratrix

Matthew

Yep, we're good now.

feathergirl likes this.
  8. Clueless

Clueless Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

But they do warn....

I love them even when I'm stupid and ignore that warning.

9. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award

laurie
    OUCHIE could Morgan also be upset a bit by another new bird in the family too, a little tiny bit. hope you feel better soon.

DQTimnehs and aooratrix like this.
  10. aooratrix

Matthew
    I was not alert enough. She's lulled me with years of docile behavior. I'll be more observant.

11. metalstitcher

metalstitcher Rollerblading along the road Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Rhiana
    Hope your hand heals fast. It usually happens when we are not being on high alert.

aooratrix likes this.
  12. Aubrey

Aubrey Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Post pics of the bite!

I hope your pride and your hand are ok :sadhug2:

Clueless and Eloy like this.
  13. aooratrix

Matthew

You can barely see them! Not worth a pic.

DQTimnehs and Aubrey like this.
  14. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Amazons always mean it at the time. By the time they have a chance to think about if it was necessary, they've already forgotten about it. Amazons are a totally live in the moment type of bird.

I hope your hand heals quickly. I think I probably evaded a goffin's bite today. I had her out to change food bowls and tried to step her up from my shoulder. I thought she had a toe nail stuck in my cloths but was her beak instead. I didn't feel it because she missed the skin, but she had her beak completely embedded in my sweatshirt and turtle neck I had under it. She didn't want to let go either and did the puff up and hiss when I pried her off me. March madness has a new meaning in this house.

aooratrix, ThatsFowlPlay and Aubrey like this.
  15. Just-passn-thru

Just-passn-thru Rollerblading along the road Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Suzanne
    At least you gat a warning, Cockatoos are 2 faced they act all sweetie and then bam! your lips pierced.

zoo mom and Hankmacaw like this.
  16. Wasabisaurus

Wasabisaurus Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Mother Monster
    I had a friend's cockatoo on my leg and the lady noticed a certain look on her bird's face. I said, oh, she's OK. A few moment's laser, yup, I got it. Should have listened to my friend. Not a bad bite. More like a little pinch just because she could. When Wasabi bites, he gives it his all. He is fond of biting and digging in.

Just-passn-thru and Hankmacaw like this.
  17. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah

Good! Suck it up and get me pictures of birds!

aooratrix and Clueless like this.
  18. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you? I Can't Stop Posting!

Elaine
    Awwww poor birdie was warning you about the bad kitty.

Just-passn-thru and aooratrix like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)