• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bite

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Morgan may be exceptionally laid back for a DYA, but a bird is a bird. While I was changing her papers, she climbed down the side of her cage. It was bath time, so I asked her to step up without paying attention. As my hand got within reach, I noticed Morgan's feathers flare up just as I noticed Nikki, the rotten Bengal who I thought was upstairs, within a few feet of Morgan. Morgan bit me on the index finger and punctured my palm. I had to get "the stick", which is a spare perch, to settle her and pick her up. She was fine after that. She didn't get a pine nut after her bath, though!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh, she meant it. When an Amazon bites, they give it their all, IME.
But they do warn....

I love them even when I'm stupid and ignore that warning.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
OUCHIE could Morgan also be upset a bit by another new bird in the family too, a little tiny bit. hope you feel better soon.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Hope your hand heals fast. It usually happens when we are not being on high alert.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Post pics of the bite!

I hope your pride and your hand are ok :sadhug2:

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Uh Oh. I hope she didn't mean it but Ouch.
Amazons always mean it at the time. By the time they have a chance to think about if it was necessary, they've already forgotten about it. Amazons are a totally live in the moment type of bird.

I hope your hand heals quickly. I think I probably evaded a goffin's bite today. I had her out to change food bowls and tried to step her up from my shoulder. I thought she had a toe nail stuck in my cloths but was her beak instead. I didn't feel it because she missed the skin, but she had her beak completely embedded in my sweatshirt and turtle neck I had under it. She didn't want to let go either and did the puff up and hiss when I pried her off me. March madness has a new meaning in this house.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a friend's cockatoo on my leg and the lady noticed a certain look on her bird's face. I said, oh, she's OK. A few moment's laser, yup, I got it. Should have listened to my friend. Not a bad bite. More like a little pinch just because she could. When Wasabi bites, he gives it his all. He is fond of biting and digging in.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwww poor birdie was warning you about the bad kitty.