• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds which get along well with linnies

jbarkan

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jill Barkan
Hi eveyone,
I am possibly looking for another bird to keep my linnie Carlos company when I am not home. Any ideas?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
They are super-duper flock birdies! They really do have to have a buddy!;) We have nine and they are just too cute for words!

Caza66

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
Definitely agree another linnie. The best thing is watching them preening each other - super cute

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I have never seen birds more loving than a pair if linnies. Almost every time I look at them they are touching in some way. They eat out of the same dish, despite there being several to choose from, they are constantly grooming each other, if one flies across the room, within 5 minutes the other one follows...that works out nicely when one comes onto my shoulder :). They are like one bird with two bodies. The best companion for a Linnie is another linnie.

Joelle

Walking the driveway
I have heard that some species don't get along well with Linnies, so I would make sure if you aren't getting another Linnie for some reason (though that would be my choice) that they are compatible. :)

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I have heard that some species don't get along well with Linnies, so I would make sure if you aren't getting another Linnie for some reason (though that would be my choice) that they are compatible. :)
That's what this thread is asking ;)

As for compatible species, I'd also suggest another linnie. They're pretty adorable together

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
I have never seen birds more loving than a pair if linnies. Almost every time I look at them they are touching in some way. They eat out of the same dish, despite there being several to choose from, they are constantly grooming each other, if one flies across the room, within 5 minutes the other one follows...that works out nicely when one comes onto my shoulder :). They are like one bird with two bodies. The best companion for a Linnie is another linnie.
This sounds exactly like my parrotlets Gopal and Vrindarika! Connected at the wing! :rofl:

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Oh my gosh, those are the sweetest pictures.... So cute!!!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh my gosh, those are the sweetest pictures.... So cute!!!
So sad...we lost Butters...the cremino...but it's cute to see Winnie and Eli together at the top. Winnie lost her mate, Pyp, late last year and I paired her up with Eli. Guess I made a good choice!:)

Linnies...you can't beat them!