• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds Trading Cages

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Is this normal??
I went to put Ernie up night before last well after lights out. The 2 tiels were asleep on his outside perch! Since the only way he'll go in is to get on there from my shoulder, then into the cage, I put him in the living room cage for the night. Yesterday they stayed in his cage all day (or on that perch) so he is now in their cage.
What the heck are they doing??

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My birds do the same. Eliy never eats in her cage when they are out, she eats in Akelas cage.
Everything is better in another birds cage. Just like the expression: "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Yep, a pretty common occurrence in my house with as many birds as I have. They are naturally curious, so they are always checking out other bird's stuff and sometimes it's just easier to leave them in the cage than try and get them to go back to the cage they usually live in!:)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo and Koopa did it all the time, and Jingo and Bobber do it all the time too!

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
My canary abandoned his cage to hang with the budgies in their cage. He sleeps in there too. All four birds rest on the same perch.

I don't get it. His breeder suggested that while he was a fantastic singer, he was a bit more irascible than most male canaries when it came to other birds. He has stopped his beautiful singing since he moved in, but i don't really care, if he is happier with them.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Distaff the breeder probably had hens around, which makes them sing a LOT more. I was without hens for awhile. Now you can here the canary's song all over the house!

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
I would like to get a female at some point. I understand that the males can be aggressive with them, and I would hate to have to keep her caged for her safety in a bird room where everyone else enjoys free flight.