• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds terrified of the Dyson

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I took it in without turning it on. LScoot as expected went into full alarm mode. Big Scooter screamed as if his head was being chopped off, JoJo freaked out and began hitting the cage bars in his efforts to get away. Tomorrow I'll take it in and set it by the couch so they can see it. I need to use it on saturday and have planned for my OH to vacuum while I go around cages reassuring the birds.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Uh oh. That doesn't sound like they will get used to it anytime soon. Can you put them in the flying room while he vacuums?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Uh oh. That doesn't sound like they will get used to it anytime soon. Can you put them in the flying room while he vacuums?
too cold out but we can hang out in the living room after putting the cats away. Thanks for the idea!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Don’t you kind of giggle when they react like that? Mine are all large and in charge— then they see a monster!

If you used it right outside the room could they see you, just to watch?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh goodness...but why I don't use a steamer in my room. The hiss terrifies them.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh boy, scary vacuum!

Tim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Have you tried turning it on? Diego and Petunia love the noise. Maybe they will like it better when they discover what a cool sound it makes!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Have you tried turning it on? Diego and Petunia love the noise. Maybe they will like it better when they discover what a cool sound it makes!
I'll give it a try tonight! Fingers crossed!

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Mine like the vacuum. All of them! When I bring the vacuum out once a day (I have a schedule and I kind of stick to it, I like it and my family likes it too) and they are usually flying around the room. The minute I bring out the vacuum and turn it on, they act like I'm playing a new song. They start singing and acting very happy like it's Mardi Gras or something!

My birds hate hate hate my spray bottle. I've never sprayed them with it but I believe it's the way your reflection on it gets all weird and I think that's it. My birds are crazy and aren't afraid of too much. Like I said, Delphine my lovebird rides the dogs when she can.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck. Hope they get over the fear. My birds never got used to the Shark Navigator. Fortunately it started falling apart and I brought it back to Costco for a refund. For whatever reason they were never afraid of the Miele Callisto and also not afraid of the new Miele I purchased.