• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds LOVE Fresh Eucalyptus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EucProducts

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Matt Perelstein
Hi! We have provided fresh and dried Eucalyptus leaves, chew sticks, perches and branches (including a discounted Gift Pack) to happy bird lovers for over 6 years now. Try some today.. you AND your birds will love them!

Our Eucs are totally natural, never been touched and certainly NEVER been sprayed, or altered, in any way, whatsoever! They grow wild here on the coast (we happen to have hundreds of Euc trees on our 13 acres here on the coast) so when we get an order, me and my granddaughters go find a Euc tree (that we can reach, many are well over 100' tall), cut off whatever is wanted (we call it "Euc hunting", and we are pretty sly, so we usually bag our limit!), and go back to the garage to pack and ship the order to you.

Choose what you want: Fresh Leaves, chew sticks, or branches/perches, or a combo pack.
Choose the size: 1/2 lb, 1 lb, 2 lb, or 5 lb.
Give your shipping address: most helpful in getting the eucs to you!
Any special instructions: special orders/requests are fine
Grow your own Eucs? We're happy to send some Euc seeds, no charge, with any order (just ask)
Place your order: Via PayPal, credit card, or send a check
... and boom, fresh cut Eucs are whisked off to you via US Post Office Priority Mail (2-3 days)(even overseas!)

Try a Starter Pack today! Only $11.95 + $6 shipping and you'll see how your feathered friends LOVE their Eucs!
Call or write with questions... I try to be responsive
(but I do have a day job, or two) and easy to approach.
ENJOY YOUR EUCS... Your birdies certainly will!

- Matt

:dance4: :dance5: :dancing: :dance5: :dance4:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sounds great Matt! Hope you don't mind me asking -- do you park your car in the garage?
thanks!

sthiele

Budgie Bunch
Real Name
Steve
I ordered the 1 lb. combo pack awhile back and my flock loves the leaves, especially the littles! I got 3 decent sized branches in the pack and made perches from them.

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Nice to see you here! We were one of your very first customers back when you first opened. The Euc fresh branches were always such a big hit!!!
Must order again for our macaw.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Hi! We have provided fresh and dried Eucalyptus leaves, chew sticks, perches and branches (including a discounted Gift Pack) to happy bird lovers for over 6 years now. Try some today.. you AND your birds will love them!

Our Eucs are totally natural, never been touched and certainly NEVER been sprayed, or altered, in any way, whatsoever! They grow wild here on the coast (we happen to have hundreds of Euc trees on our 13 acres here on the coast) so when we get an order, me and my granddaughters go find a Euc tree (that we can reach, many are well over 100' tall), cut off whatever is wanted (we call it "Euc hunting", and we are pretty sly, so we usually bag our limit!), and go back to the garage to pack and ship the order to you.

Choose what you want: Fresh Leaves, chew sticks, or branches/perches, or a combo pack.
Choose the size: 1/2 lb, 1 lb, 2 lb, or 5 lb.
Give your shipping address: most helpful in getting the eucs to you!
Any special instructions: special orders/requests are fine
Grow your own Eucs? We're happy to send some Euc seeds, no charge, with any order (just ask)
Place your order: Via PayPal, credit card, or send a check
... and boom, fresh cut Eucs are whisked off to you via US Post Office Priority Mail (2-3 days)(even overseas!)

Try a Starter Pack today! Only $11.95 + $6 shipping and you'll see how your feathered friends LOVE their Eucs!
Call or write with questions... I try to be responsive
(but I do have a day job, or two) and easy to approach.
ENJOY YOUR EUCS... Your birdies certainly will!

- Matt

:dance4: :dance5: :dancing: :dance5: :dance4:

Love your products and have referred several people to your site. My birds love the product. My sugar glider likes gnawing on the wood also. I try to make a perch as she sits and chews.

It is actually time for me to order more. Thanks for posting :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What is the hardness of the wood/bark like on eucalyptus?

EucProducts

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Matt Perelstein
What is the hardness of the wood/bark like on eucalyptus?
Hi Mizzely, thanks for the question.

The bark is semi-hard. You can peel it back with your fingers when it's fresh, and press your fingernail thru it. As the branches dry, the bark gets harder and more brittle (but some seem to like it better dried).

I hope that answers it for you... not sure how else to explain it... you'll just have to try some, I guess! :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We have a lot of Eucalyptus trees here as well, they are one of the big favorites with our birds. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That sounds great!:dance4:

EucProducts

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Matt Perelstein
Yes, my wife parks her car in the garage, in a separate room from the packing and shipping work area. Why do you ask, Saroj?

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Is eucalyptus safe for all birds? I though it was toxic to most animals.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Just bookmarked you web page so I can read it when I have more time. Looks very interesting.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Yes, my wife parks her car in the garage, in a separate room from the packing and shipping work area. Why do you ask, Saroj?
Thank you for answering, Matt. I asked because garage air is pretty toxic and you said you go back to the garage to pack and ship. That was the motivation for my question. So you actually don't pack and ship from the garage, but from a different room in the house, right? I think you can appreciate my concern. I'm very interested in your products if they are processed in a fuel fumes free area. Thanks!

Last edited:

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
My birds go mad for eucalyptus. I pick it from random trees around the area for free :)

EucProducts

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Matt Perelstein
I have heard those rumours too, but after 6 years and hundreds of customers giving Eucs to their birds and gliders, I can assure you that OUR eucs (eucalyptus globulus aka Blue Gum) are definitely safe.

Here's more info:
  • Here's an thread here on AA on this subject: http://forums.avianavenue.com/healthy-highway/33823-all-eucalyptus-trees-safe.html
  • Safe Plants for Birds - Eucalyptus Species - Do Not Use Any Parts Used in Flower Arrangements (NOTE: that's because the small, round Silver Dollar Eucs found in most florist shops have been sprayed with massive preservatives... ours never) Safe Plants for BirdsSafe Plants for Birds
  • Natural Eucalyptus Accessories For Birds
    "Eucalyptus is the most natural product you can provide for your caged birds, for many birds including budgies, love birds, cockatiels, parakeets, cockatoos and parrots it is part of their natural habitat, in the wild the tall trees provide a perfect perch and it's many properties help to keep the birds healthy."
    Natural Eucalyptus Accessories For Birds
  • [h=1]Wood / Trees / Bushes Considered Safe for Birds
    "Eucalyptus branches are popular "chew branches" amongst aviculturists."

"
    It has also been stated that there might a potential toxicity as far as the seeds and leaves are concerned. Plant Experts provide contradictory information probably due to the fact that there are so many different Eucalyptus species in existence (close to a thousand). Not all have been tested for toxicities. Most are likely to contain some chemicals that could cause digestive issues for those sensitive to those chemicals. Even the more toxic species probably aren't toxic enough to be considered really dangerous plants. Although I did hear of one parrot poisoning after eating Eucalyptus seeds, while many others are eating these without any problems."

"
    Many breeders have been using various Eucalyptus species in their aviaries and flights without any problems (including myself)"

"
    Dr. Rob Marshall, a renowned and well-published avian vet and breeder in Australia, writes as follows: "The wild budgerigar has evolved alongside the Eucalypt tree and over a million years has developed an intimate bond with the tree and its leaves. Wet eucalypt leaves excite and invigorate both the wild and aviary budgerigar into a frenzy of joy. They love to bath in the wet leaves and breeding hens destructively chew the bark searching for trace elements and lysine, the breeding protein. The eucalyptus oil from the leaves has medicinal properties that stimulate the immune system and promote a strong natural resistance to disease."

HOWEVER,
    "
    Please note that Eucalyptus Essential Oil is another story. They concentrate secondary chemicals into a medicinal oil, thus increasing the toxic effect. Eucalyptus Essential Oil is non-edible and poisonous to humans (if ingested) and should NOT be used on or around birds."[/h]

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hi Mizzely, thanks for the question.

The bark is semi-hard. You can peel it back with your fingers when it's fresh, and press your fingernail thru it. As the branches dry, the bark gets harder and more brittle (but some seem to like it better dried).

I hope that answers it for you... not sure how else to explain it... you'll just have to try some, I guess! :)
Yes it does, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.