• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds for sale in Pet store

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I feel lost about the vaccines with birds. I have never had a bird that was vaccinated. I've had cockatiels in the past and now have a quaker. I'm concerned that i need to have her vaccinated? And if the pet stores claim to vaccinate their birds I'm wondering why they don't go ahead and DNA test them? Any thoughts on this?
I doubt very much that any of my birds were vaccinated against anything but the ones I started my flock with originally were checked up/tested by Dr. Sakas. If your Quaker is the single bird (only one) in your house, you should be fairly safe if you can afford to have him checked by a vet. This might help you - Do Birds Need Vaccines? Bird Health Exam - Association of Avian Veterinarians My search gave me all these links - Vaccinating a bird against chlamydia - Google Search - but please don't panic. Look at the different titles and pick & choose which ones to read. After a while it get's to be too much and you'll need to take a break before you have a meltdown.

Your DNA question is what I asked and the only conclusion I can come to is money.