• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I just want you to make sure that the college you plan on attending allows pets in the dorm. As far as I know that is not typical. Not even sure an emotional support status would work. May look into that

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry if I missed it but did you say where you're located? I belong to a parrot rescue group and can ask if anyone would be interested in fostering if you're close to PA.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I just want you to make sure that the college you plan on attending allows pets in the dorm. As far as I know that is not typical. Not even sure an emotional support status would work. May look into that
Yep, exactly what I was thinking...animals are generally not allowed in dorms, so I wouldn't suggest you count on being able to bring a pet of any kind with you unless you plan on living in an apartment. I've been in a few apartments in a college town and haven't had an issue with neighbors but it's something you have to clear with the place you are renting.

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
We couldn't handle the pitch from the bebe that we took in -it was even more ear splitting than our macaw! Our next door neighbors in our building adopted him and I never hear him from our side of the wall, only occasionally as I walk past their front door. I think even though bebe's have a higher frequency there might not be as much force (intensity? sound pressure?) behind it as the bigger birds. (I hope someone who understands the physics of sound can help me?)
This is quite interesting... when I did research on Bebe parakeets at first... all the research said they were quiet! Its the tone and frequency I think. Im lucky my parents love Delilah so much!