• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
I joined this forum because Bird, my unexpected, unintended gcc was ruining my (new)marriage.

Bird was in a carboard box and had masking tape stuck to his feathers when I first met him. I expected to find his owner. My husband (of a few months) bought Bird from a pan handler. We assumed the shivering wet pile of feathers had been stolen and that its owners would be looking for it. We had no intention of keeping Bird. (Hence his name). We just wanted to give him back to the rightful owners and go on with our lives. No one was looking for Bird. We didn't want a reward. Just confirmation of his id tag. Not one lead. Grrrrr...

A pet bird???? Really??.. was the thought I started every day with. My husband and I fought so much over Bird we almost lost our marriage. It was so bad.

In the years since that post, I am proud to report that we have worked together, all 3 of us, to make a safe and happy home. It was not easy. It still isn't. But I think the challenge of a bird helped us learn how to work together instead of apart.

Bird is a part of the family. Bird is well cared for, much loved and very content. We all are. And we are trying to have a baby. 20180301_100839.jpg

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Bird is lovely. Some of us fall into birds rather than having it planned. My story as well. But regardless of how we get them, they make our lives better. :) Even when our significant other wants to boot us and the bird out! (I have those days too.) Bird is very lucky to have you. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I love a happy ending :D Bird looks very happy :D I´m glad you and your husband were able to make things work!
Good luck with trying for a baby :)

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
What a great story.........glad everything worked out and there was a positive ending. I have found myself completely enamored over something that I had absolutely NO intention of ever seeing or doing or visiting, but then life places you there and you fall in love with whatever it is. Life has a funny way of introducing you to itself even when you have no intention of going there, LOL.

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I remember when you were seriously at the end of your rope and looking to rehome bird. I am so happy for your little family. Thank you for being patient and opening your heart. Anyway, their poops are tiny compared to babies. ;)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I am so happy for you both (and Bird!) that you were able to work everything out. :heart2:
Bird is well cared for, much loved and very content. View attachment 295402
Cared for is an understatement. ;) I see a gloriously spoiled, very happy and confident fid. And that takes work. Your dedication shows. :goodjob:

Congratulations on planning your first kiddo! :pinksmile:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I was the one who wanted to do the booting. But Bird persevered and because he worships me, I slowly came around.

I give Bird most of the credit. Bird is still a huge pain in the butt. My husband still needs work. I am still the only one who even sees the poop on the couch. But that is minor.
Very similar to Sunny. I didn't want him. The fiancé swore he would take care of him. Sunny worshipped me and wanted nothing to do with the fiancé. Sigh. Of course, Sunny became my heart bird. And the fiancé never cleaned his cage even once. :sour:

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird is so camera shy. I have been trying to make a video of his many words and not so many tricks. But as soon as I turn a camera on him, all he does is preen. Quietly.

I think he likes making a liar out of me.

We took him for Christmas dinner and he was an angel the whole time. Calling to question all my complaining about him.

He didn't poop, squwack or bite one time. Everyone was charmed. As soon as we got home, he had a scream fest and drew blood while pooping on Mikey. 15488925803911241809655.jpg