• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird won’t take treats/forage/play with wood toys

Aceytango

Checking out the neighborhood
I have an almost 7 year old green cheek conure and for some reason he will not accept any bird treats and usually when I offer him veggies and fruits he goes for my fingers instead.
he also will not forage with any toys nor will he chew on toys. The only playing he does is attacking the plastic chains in his cage and rolling around a little plastic ball with a bell inside of it.

I’m wondering if he just doesn’t know how to play properly since I did get him from petsmart? Their birds are always alone for so long when they’re just a baby(he was 4 months old when I got him)
I’ve tried to teach him how to play but he just leaves the wooden Toys alone.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What kinds of toys are you providing? Can you share some links of the sorts of toys your bird is not happy to use? Many large pet stores sell toys that my birds wont bother with.

Aceytango

Checking out the neighborhood
What kinds of toys are you providing? Can you share some links of the sorts of toys your bird is not happy to use? Many large pet stores sell toys that my birds wont bother with.
It was a few from petco that were $7 that I can’t find but the majority of them are from this bird store I go too a lot for him

I also had that coconut toy that’s two halves on a string which I’ve put shredded thick paper/cardboard paper stuff and seed in for him to forage.