• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird vs Hubby, guess who won?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That could have veen quite danerous indeed! Maybe it is good you didn’t take him home:heart:
And that is soo true! The first time I saw a picture of them flying I was like :faint::faint::faint: Is this for real? They are just gorgeous:heart:

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Long as Ernie is safe.... oh and yeah, hubby too...

But is it horrible of me to giggle a bit, would have been an awesome video with a poor bird voice over screaming what is your problem you're gonna drop me, just hold still this won't hurt much.....

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I laughed sorry I couldn't help it. Almost as bad as when Gracie pooped on hubby one time. He was screaming bloody murder SHE POOPED ON ME!!! I was laughing so hard I about fell over on the floor from the look on his face.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
The other half dislikes Rupert (Rupert has a tendency to puff up and display at him) and is afraid of the deadly Conure bite. Ok, sure, his bites don't feel good, but it's not like you couldn't recover from them. Anyhow, Rupert has recently learned to hop from the play table to my bed and then he'll come over to me for cuddles or to do whatever he wants. As soon as he jumps, the other half LEAPS up and promptly exits the room. Nevermind that Rupert would more than likely never even get within a foot of him. :rolleyes: I get little nips and get chewed on all the time. Mostly chewed...he likes to hold on to my finger or shirt when he gets scratches. I'm no worse for the wear.

I fear Sherbie's beak more than Rupert's. Sherbie knows exactly where to bite and will draw blood.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I'm no worse for the wear
Exactly...but hubby.....he’s going to DIE from just a slight beakie impression on his finger!!!!

He did pet Ernie last night. I was shocked.

I have to come here and giggle, and say it’s the thread I’m reading — you CANNOT laugh at hubby and his little bite marks!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
While I snicker, I'm seriously impressed with the men in our lives that try. They love us enough to attempt to befriend the feathered dudes that have our hearts.

Hubby is starting to let amazons out of the cage BEFORE I come home from work. Secret used to totally resist..... he's rewarding her with 2 pumpkin seeds now.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
We should have a thread of bite pix of non-bird partners and friends that they freaked out over! It would be pix of normal skin with no distinguishable bite marks. :rofl:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Exactly...but hubby.....he’s going to DIE from just a slight beakie impression on his finger!!!!

He did pet Ernie last night. I was shocked.

I have to come here and giggle, and say it’s the thread I’m reading — you CANNOT laugh at hubby and his little bite marks!
Whahaha that is brilliant:rofl:

We should have a thread of bite pix of non-bird partners and friends that they freaked out over! It would be pix of normal skin with no distinguishable bite marks. :rofl:
That is a great idea:rofl::rofl:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
While I snicker, I'm seriously impressed with the men in our lives that try. They love us enough to attempt to befriend the feathered dudes that have our hearts.

Hubby is starting to let amazons out of the cage BEFORE I come home from work. Secret used to totally resist..... he's rewarding her with 2 pumpkin seeds now.
Awesome! You're right. They try. Mine cleans (and cleans and cleans) after the birds, and handles the ones he can. They all flock to him. :) Just not Ernie.

:toofunny:

Ribbit21

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
:lol:Sounds like something my husband would do. We use a step up perch for my CAG since she gets a little over excited sometimes. Well my husband keeps insisting the perch is too short and she can reach him. She rarely actually bites, she stabs LOL. She starts swinging her beak all around stabbing things. o_O He showed me the new "improved" step up stick the other day. He had taped a paint stick to the end of it. So now he picks her up with a 4 foot pole! Now I think she's even more determined to stab him.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
@Ribbit21 He showed me the new "improved" step up stick the other day. He had taped a paint stick to the end of it. So now he picks her up with a 4 foot pole! Now I think she's even more determined to stab him.

Oh my gosh - this is SO funny!!! Reminds me of the old 'I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot....' :pinklol::evilsign: