• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird vomiting

Leshika

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Leshika
Hi i recently got a 9 week old african grey and the problem is that it keeps vomiting at morning feeds.i cant even give him 20ml without him vomiting in the morning but at the lunch time feeding he wil happily take about 40ml.and i took him to the breeder and he said maybe he just gets dizzy in the morning and that he looks smaller than the other greyz hiz age but gizmo is very active and the breeders birds usually just sit in the cages.please help im really worried about him.

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Have you taken him to a vet or called a vet to ask?

Leshika

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Leshika
I have spoken to the vet and he said i should bring him in for a check up so i have to save up some money then i wil be able to take gizmo

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How is your bird doing? You may want to consider bringing him/her back to breeder and have the breeder finish the hand feeding. Have you hand fed before?
Are you weighing your bird daily? Is his crop empty or almost empty when you feed him in the AM? If he continues to vomit then the best thing to do is take him to the vet.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I have spoken to the vet and he said i should bring him in for a check up so i have to save up some money then i wil be able to take gizmo
See if your vet can work out something with you.