• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Slave

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You know you're a bird slave when you pull partially chewed blocks, cut them with the band saw, and re-dye them to freshen up the crap boxes. Took a lot of dye, so I'm not sure I'll be doing that again.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's dedication!!

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Does it count when I go online and buy awesome toys from Shawna of Lil Monsters too? Or if I go and accidentally spend a few thousand on bird stuff? By the way, this usually means I go without for a few months myself but it's worth it!!!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I always pick up the remains of toys and try to reuse them! Ralphie and Millie literally laugh when I do it too..... They go through so many toys that you gotta do something to save some money!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
That's adorable Cosmolove! They're standing there laughing and then you bring out this awesome new toy and I'll bet they're not laughing too much after that!! You are an awesome parront! I've been following you and believe you to be wonderful!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Does it count when I go online and buy awesome toys from Shawna of Lil Monsters too? Or if I go and accidentally spend a few thousand on bird stuff? By the way, this usually means I go without for a few months myself but it's worth it!!!

I think so. I have about 2 boxes of bird toys from other vendors right now...and just bought 5 new foraging toys! :eek:

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Shawna, I need another swing. With more finger traps. They're all gone. Can we do finger traps and tiny tiny plastic toys that can be stringed with ridges or some type of shape they love using their tongues to turn? The one you sent is hanging by one side. I've re-attached it but now they have nowhere to stand because they ate the seagrass!!!

I think I'd like three. One large one for Charlie and two medium for Delphine, Carmen and Diablo. I have to figure one out for the budgies. They don't seem to like it too much. If they begin to use it, I may order another one for them that is smaller.

Thank you and I love you!!!!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
My next purchase will be the window perch at the Parrot Shop. I'm saving my pennies to purchase two of them! I want one in the living room for Charlie and I'd like one for the other birds in the bedroom. They love the window so much!

I'd then like to get a cargo net and work it around the window perches and swings so they can move around. I made one and it wasn't hard but it took a lot of time and the birds ate it in two hours. : ( It's easier to just buy it with the thicker rope. Shawna can you do cargo nets too?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My next purchase will be the window perch at the Parrot Shop. I'm saving my pennies to purchase two of them! I want one in the living room for Charlie and I'd like one for the other birds in the bedroom. They love the window so much!

I'd then like to get a cargo net and work it around the window perches and swings so they can move around. I made one and it wasn't hard but it took a lot of time and the birds ate it in two hours. : ( It's easier to just buy it with the thicker rope. Shawna can you do cargo nets too?

It takes a LOT of rope and a LOT of time, neither of which I am currently prepared to deal with lol. I think the ones currently out there (Oliver's Garden, Aronico, etc) are your best bets :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I thought I was a bird slave! We have had Freddy a little....3 weeks tomorrow! All he has to do is chirp, and he has us all running around! Me looking for foods to serve him, new birdy recipes, making sure he has enough! My son & husband in the toy department of his cage, making sure he has what he needs to play with! He does have us all under his little paws! Lol! My son says god forbid he goes without something, it's not like he can rebel by moving! Lmao!