• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Sitting...

meaggiedear

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Meagan
I'm so lucky to have a friend who loves bird sitting for me. This year I've had to be away from home a lot, and my birds think going to her house is their own little vacation because she spoils them so much!

I'm in GA and close to Tennessee if anyone ever needs a bird sitter. :o:

musicriseup7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brian
I live in Stockton, CA and can bird sit (or pet sit for that matter) within Stockton, Lodi and possibly Manteca. If you live in these areas and need someone to take care of your birds or other pets while you are away I would love to. Contact me if interested.

Sianno

Meeting neighbors
I'm in the West Central Indiana area.
If anyone needs a sitter, I'm available. I can stay at someone's house if it's close so I could still visit my tiel at home. I have only watched/owned birds conure sized and smaller, but I have handled larger ones. I also have experience with dogs, cats, lizards, non-venomous snakes (I do NOT do venomous!), turtles, other small mammals, and fish so I can care for almost anything else one might own.
If anyone is in this area and could help take care of my little guy while I'm gone, I'd appreciate it. I don't know any bird people around here, so when I can't take him, my "Mom" comes and will make sure he has food/water, but she's not comfortable getting him out so, he's stuck in his cage until I get back.

OSUtoo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Brittany
Is there anyone around NE Mississippi? I am about 15 miles from the Alabama border, and about 3 hours from Memphis to give you an idea of how far south of TN. I don't need one in the near future but I figured I'd see if there might be someone near by who might be able to do it if I should need one. :) I could potentially offer sitting as well, though it would have to be at your home since I live in a townhouse without any extra room.

kathykeltsy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
kathy
I live in Southwest Wyoming. I would be willing to bird sit, plus after my daughter moves I'm going to be looking for a new sitter. Anyone do that out there, in WY?

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
We're in San Francisco and could birdsit in our home if the bird is small and comes with a travel cage (we don't have a car). We'd love someone who'd be able to come in to the house for us if we're travelling (which isn't often).

Taytortots

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Taylor
I doubt there's anyone in my area but you never know.
I'm in Windsor, Ontario. I have most experience with small and medium birds (budgies to conures) but have limited experience with bigger birds. I have handled and been around them, but never owned. I also have experience with dogs, cats, and 'pocket' pets.

I'm also looking for a sitter for December.

PicklesParrot

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
I am in Tampa, Florida if anyone close needs help. I have 1 male eclectus myself and a big old LAZY dog(australian shepherd/springer spaniel mix). I have had smaller birds as well. I can handle larger birds but our house might be a bit too small for one. Well, we are planning on getting a scarlet once we move to a bigger place but, I think if it's only for a week or so, we can handle a larger bird. At your comfort of course. Plus I work from home, so I am here all day, almost every day. And if I do leave it's not for long.

Oche16

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cheryl
Hi my name is Cheryl , I'm new to the forum and new to Florida
We live in Cape Canaveral and we have an African Gray and a Blue Front Amazon
We r desperately looking for someone to watch our babies for 4-5 days at Christmas
Would u at all b interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

PablosMom

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
Cleveland, Ohio here if anyone nearby needs a sitter. I can only accommodate smaller birds since we live in an apartment. (More than one bird in a single cage would be fine though.)

My husband and I usually travel with our bird (canary wing) but it would be nice to have the option of leaving him with someone knowledgeable if we go out of town.

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
I live in the Pacific NW (WA) & am looking for someone who may be able to bird-sit in Feb...

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
Great thread idea , I was looking for somewhere to post this. I live in Central Illinois east of Springfield, I am looking for a sitter for my flock of 2 ( TAG & Quaker) I am not in need right now but would be great to meet and get to know someone in the area just in case of an Emergency.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd like to get more sitters in my line-up :)

I live in Toronto, Ontario. Would love to trade bird-sitting services! I've had my birds looked after by other people, but I've not birdsat for anyone yet, which I'd like to do! My only requirement is that I'd like the birds I'll be birdsitting to be birds that are regularly vet-checked. :)

cute_lil_fiend

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I am currently looking for a long-term foster for my blue head for Sept -June.

I can offering pet sitting July and August. Pay it forward!

I am located in Vancouver, BC.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
I am looking for a sitter/boarding option for my 2 crackatoos. I live in east Contra Costa County (SF Bay Area) and am looking for alternatives to feathered follies (which just went under new ownership) and the medical center for birds in Oakley (which I've never used)

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I'm looking for a sitter to come to my home in the Martinsburg WV area during Thanksgiving and the day after. I know this is a huge stretch, but I'm hopeful! I have 8 birds that will be staying here. A severe, an OWA, a budgie, a tiel, and 4 lovebirds. I would need someone to pop in and give them food and let the lovebirds have some play time outside of their cages. My only boy doesn't seem to think he can eat inside his cage...he's odd. He will if he HAS to, but he doesn't like to LOL

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Great resource! I'm in Houston... and have yet to encounter anyone else on AA that is in my area. We have multiple dogs and birds so always bring in a house/pet sitter when we both go out of town, which is rare because sitters are hard to find!! I wonder if there's a way to build a contact list on here for people who are interested in sitting - name/location - so it's easier to find them?

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have been a professional pet sitter for nearly 20 years. May I suggest; if you need a pet sitter for birds, start early in your search and check the pet sitters data base to find a pet sitter in your area. While you may not find one that has had prior experience with birds you may find a professional that may be willing to work hand in hand with you while they learn how to care for your birds. It will cost more but it will be beneficial all the way around (sitter, birds and you) that you have several learning and "getting to know you" meetings before you leave.

National Association of Professional Pet Sitters

Find a Local PSI Pet Sitter