• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Sitting...

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
I'd always be more than happy too! I'm usually always here.

Grammy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pat
This is a wonderful idea. I'm not sure how much the administrators of this site want to become involved, but it would be great if one of the fabulous Avenue programmers could come up with a database that would be searchable according to a maximum distance from a particular zipcode (for example, "show me all the registered members within 50 miles of 19154.")

Anyone who wants to register as a caregiver, could fill out a form that tells who they are, what they can provide, and what their requirements are. The variables on the form could be something like these:

Name
Avian vet’s name
Number of birds currently in my care
Species experience
Maximum number of birds can watch
Can’t provide care for these species
Will take in overnights (yes/no)
Will visit your house if it’s within____ miles____ times per day
Insured (yes/no)

Charge per bird
Discount for multiples
Will trade care hours instead of payment (yes/no)

Must be clipped or caged (yes/no)
Must be disease tested (yes/no)
Will keep your birds separate from mine or others (yes/no)
Must provide your own food (yes/no)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
im in richmond hill ont
i cant bring any brds to my apt to sit but i could come to your home morning and night spend time with yourbirds feed water clean you know dayly things make sure there in bed im right on yonge st so busses are great if ever i can help any one just let me know , no my bird would stay home hes ok

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
I think this is where those regional forums/streets, whatever, would really come in handy. Perhaps a West coast, south, midwest, east, canada, south of the border, UK, etc, etc?? Then we could break each of them up by state/province/smaller region? :huh: :p

Anyway.... January 2012, Omaha, NE area, bird sitter will be needed for a little less than a week :rolleyes:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I am interviewing a birdsitter on Saturday from Sittercity.com I hope it works out. Wish some AA peeps lived near me.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Send out some good vibes for us today. I hope this sitter will work out for us. :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:) This is a pretty neat thread.

Lauren and Jack

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lauren Watson
I would love to meet someone in Florida... that needs a good sitter and would be a good sitter...

clawnz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
I agree that those who are willing to help out in any given situation should be made available to other forum members.
I am looking to bird sit any time I can help. But I am in Auckland New Zealand. I have a home stay at the moment and he is going to be with me for 8weeks while his owners are over seas.

If any of the mods pick up on this post, I would like to put it to them to change the format to a short list of contacts. this would make it a lot quicker to find someone.

Birdgirl276

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tricia
I'm in Niagara and would love to find someone nearby to trade services with. I would have a separate room for your bird(s) but not separate airflow.

ifly

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ariba
Im looking for a bird sitter in dallas tx or DFW area. this summer for 2 1/2 months for my darling sun conure. He has a big cage (hq flight). if anyone thinks they can please let me know! PM me:) Oh and I cant afford too much considering my parents are paying for 4 of us to out of country. sorry!

I can birdsit in dallas, tx. Medium or small bird please! I have never cared for anything bigger than a sun conure soooo... But a conure or poi or tiel or lovie or budgie will be fine1 I will play with it as if it were my own fid!

Last edited:

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I am in the South Florida area, south Palm Beach to be exact. I am in need of a pet sitter that can handle large flighted birds (I don't need you to play with them, but I need you to be comfortable just in case one gets out or whatnot). I would prefer that they could feed my chinchillas as well :) We are trying to plan a trip in the next few months, and just need someone to come once a day.

Thanks!

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I live in Central New Jersey and would love to find someone to trade bird sitting with. I'm about an hour from Philadelphia, a couple hours from Manhattan and 3 hours from Washington DC.

Aisell

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aisel Murad
Yes great idea :) Usually when I need to leave my precious my sister get it.

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
I have seriously given up on vacations, weekend getaways, etc....I know I would worry the whole time I was gone. I did almost line up a sitter to help me out so I could visit my husband (out of the country) but at the end of the day I could not do it :( For vacations, they will all go with us, we have always done this but never with so many birds so it will be a first with this amount of birds. This is something I have learned just to accept.

If anyone needs a sitter in Maryland, I am available. I will only do it in your house but I will make sure they are very well taken care of :).