• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Sitting...

tailsoflove

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Dawn
I had posted a while back about having a forum for posting and connecting with others when in need of care for their fids when they are faced with difficult life situations, illness, vacation or any other circumstances. I thought we could post where we are located, what our need was and then people in that area could respond if they were able to help. Sort of like the the rehome highway forum. One of the moderators respoded and said to try it out in one of the existing forums and I don't remember which one was suggested :confused: (please let me know if anyone remembers which one)..

In any case, I am looking for some help with my guys when I go out of town for my sister's wedding in October. I will post more details after I find out where I should do so. Normally my father in law stays at my home and cares for my animals but he had a stroke so that is not an option unfortunaley. I don't normall go anywhere and have only done so a handful of times. If we go anywhere we usually bring our fids with us but that is not an option for this trip. Anyway, I am in IL..

Thanks,
Dawn

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
You posted this in a good place. I'm making it a sticky so it's easier to find. :)

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Great Idea! Im happy to help people in my area :) (Calgary, AB, Canada)

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I agree, this is a great idea! We also like to take our pets with us when we travel, however, sometimes that's not possible and it's such a relief to have someone you know available to take care of them.

gritsinct

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cathy
I'm looking for a pet sitter in CT for Thanksgiving weekend (not sure exact dates, depends on flights), so I can go home to SC. Normally one of my grown kids is around to watch them, but we are trying to get everyone together this time because of a relative with a serious illness. I have birds and cats and fish.

Does anyone know of a good pet sitter in CT? I'm most concerned about finding someone that knows birds - the cats and fish are easy. :D

R

Rahel

We are in the SE of Michigan and I am open to do birdsitting if needed.
It is a big problem for us to go somewhere without the birds, there is almost nobody that I trust enough to let them watch our guys. And those who I would trust are to far away from us....

spookylicorice

Meeting neighbors
This thread is so great! I am available to fid-sit in the Bay Area of California (San Fran, Berkeley, Oakland, etc), please let me know if I can help anybody. I'm also looking for someone to sit my p'let for about a week before christmas and then for a few days a week after. Good luck everyone!

ChenChowy

Moving in
Real Name
Chen Shao
I'd be happy to help out in the new jersey/new York city area, have a jenday conure, but willing to work with larger parrots as well. You can reach me at 732 763 4473 (preferably text at first). If the poster could compile a list this would make an amazing resource. If not I can do it as well if you all would like.

BTW great community!

Min

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melinda
We are in the SE of Michigan and I am open to do birdsitting if needed.
It is a big problem for us to go somewhere without the birds, there is almost nobody that I trust enough to let them watch our guys. And those who I would trust are to far away from us....
I am in SE MIch and birdsit. You could talk to people I currently birdsit for or come visit my flock and see if you'd be comfortable. I do require proof of recent vet checks. I just birdsat a friend's green cheek conure that had seizures just when she had to go out of town. I kept him in a tank, nice and warm and safe and he got all his meds, too. I work at home. I've had many kinds of birds stay here, big and small, and have even gone to other's homes to check on birds if it's only for an overnight. I have several cages that some birds use when I birdsit, or some people bring their bird's cages with them. I feed all organics, or whatever you supply. PM me if you or anyone else needs a sitter.

OH.. and I forgot to add that although I don't have one, I ADORE Macaws and have plenty of experience with them, too. I have fostered 3, 2 B&Gs and one GW.

Last edited:

patagonian

Hit the Road
I would also be able to assist with bird sitting i'm in the seburbs of chicago/nw indiana area..let me know if I can be of assistance thank you

patagonian

Hit the Road
I'm also able to bird sit in the nw indiana/seburbs of chicago border...you can call me or text me at 219 308 0341 love to be of help if I can be..thanks so much

chad

Roland

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a few affordable, reputable bird sitters in the Metro-Detroit, or Southeastern Michigan?
Thanks in Advance.

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I am looking for someone to either visit my house when I go away or stay there. I can also do visits in my area if someone needs me to. I don't plan on going away for any extended time until at least 2013. I live in VT.

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I need someone to take care of my Jenday conure, Vanity, for two weeks. She is, like most conures, loud, but she is a wonderful bird.
I've been having some problems though, she doesn't really fit into my family and I'm going to see what its like without her for two weeks. Its a very long story :(
I'm near Toronto, ON. Thanks :)

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
I am available to bird sit in North Dakota....but i think i'm the only one in North Dakota on here...:(