1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird safe fly killer?

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by DavyG, 6/9/18.

1. DavyG

DavyG Strolling the yard

Now that summer is upon us, the flies and other insects are out in force. Turns out that my Pineapple is part chicken and panics if a bug is much in the same zip code. So much that I am afraid she will hurt herself. (Just today she flew around to the point of exhaustion and had a scary landing) Is there any bird safe sprays or whatever that I can use?

I live near a river so bugs (house flies, mosquitos are just part of life).

Last edited: 6/9/18
    Shezbug likes this.
  2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  3. Shezbug

Shezbug Sprinting down the street

Hmmm, maybe a fly swatter? Or some fly traps? Guessing the horrid sticky fly strips would not be a good idea to use around birds (plus they are gross, lol).

I can not say that I have heard of any kind of insecticide that is safe to use around birds, I will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread as we have lots of really awful poisonous spiders that I can not always get to so they can be put outside or squashed. It has been concerning me about how I will keep their numbers down with my bird in the house.

Brittany0208 and Lady Jane like this.
  4. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Insecticide is a poison designed to kill. It will kill your birds just as quickly as it kills bugs. There is NO safe spray that kills.

Cassiopejaz and Shezbug like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)