• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Room Setups

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
I want more than anything to have my own bird room, but sadly, this is impossible right now. I don't even have my own bedroom yet. My room is a mix between a bedroom, an office, and a play room. Our PlayStation game system is set up in my room, so my brother is in here a lot playing on it. And then my dad's desk (which he spends a lot of time at!) is in here as well! To make matters worse, this room is connected to a small hallway, with no door in between the two. The only door is separating this room and the hallway from the kitchen. Our cat's litter box is set also set up in this hallway, so she always has to have access to it. Meaning I can't close the door for long periods of time to let my birds out. It would be amazing to have a bird room, or just a bedroom to myself, but like I said, that's not possible right now. :(

Anyway, that's not the point of this thread! This thread is for people to show off their bird room setups! We would love to see some pictures!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahw, you can't help it that you don't have your own room! You are doing the best you can:)
I love seeing the serious of others, I Will take Some pictures of Mine once I get home, but right now it is under construction:lol:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
what a nice big cage they have!!
Yes, they love it! Skittles enjoys hopping from perch to perch and climbing up and down. I had to convince my parents to let me buy it with my own money, they didn't want want to spend $100 on a cage when they already had one. But even though it was $100 of my own money, it was worth it and I'd do it over again. :)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Very Nice cage!
I have Some pictures of set ups I have had in the past 6 months, but well, not all tidy or Nice so prepare yourself! I don't want to spam too much so I will only post a few pics of each setup, just to give an idea. I don't really have a lot of good pictures and only one of my current setup, but Maybe you can get Some inspiration from it anyway:)
Well let's start with the older set up, I have bamboe branches in front of my window, those are still there but upgrades. I had a very big branch attached to my bed an the cage(I used the cage to stick branches in, the inside was moslty used to let herbs grow):
image.png
image.jpeg
Then I made this thing of willow branches. I Kept adding things and when I broke it down I counted the foraging toys in it, I stopped counting at 60:rofl: a lot of them were simpel ones like the egg carton toys in the first picture though:)
image.png
Then I added other stuff and it became very crowded:
image.jpeg
I tore it down and replaced it with hanging things. This was about two months ago:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Under my bed: image.png
Fëanor loves to be here:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is on top of the closet, still need to add things, I did this a few days ago:
image.jpeg
They also have a training stand I use for flight training, but also to hang things from and use it as a playstand if we go downstairs:
image.jpeg image.jpeg

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Very Nice cage!
I have Some pictures of set ups I have had in the past 6 months, but well, not all tidy or Nice so prepare yourself! I don't want to spam too much so I will only post a few pics of each setup, just to give an idea. I don't really have a lot of good pictures and only one of my current setup, but Maybe you can get Some inspiration from it anyway:)
Well let's start with the older set up, I have bamboe branches in front of my window, those are still there but upgrades. I had a very big branch attached to my bed an the cage(I used the cage to stick branches in, the inside was moslty used to let herbs grow):
View attachment 260296
View attachment 260297
Then I made this thing of willow branches. I Kept adding things and when I broke it down I counted the foraging toys in it, I stopped counting at 60:rofl: a lot of them were simpel ones like the egg carton toys in the first picture though:)
View attachment 260298
Then I added other stuff and it became very crowded:
View attachment 260300
I tore it down and replaced it with hanging things. This was about two months ago:
View attachment 260301
View attachment 260302
View attachment 260306 View attachment 260304
Under my bed: View attachment 260305
Fëanor loves to be here:
View attachment 260307
View attachment 260308
This is on top of the closet, still need to add things, I did this a few days ago:
View attachment 260311
They also have a training stand I use for flight training, but also to hang things from and use it as a playstand if we go downstairs:
View attachment 260313 View attachment 260310
Wow! It all looks amazing! My birds would have a BLAST on those! :) You've got some spoiled birdies!

Thanks for sharing!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You're welcome!:D