• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird room done

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Aww look at all the happy little birdies!!

That's one handy skill set I must say!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Wow! That is so exciting. You're lucky to have a handy hubby (and willing)!

The canaries look quite happy too.

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
I am lucky @finchly. I couldn't do it without him. We are very much in it together.

The next major job is to make the flight outside which has been factored in to the room and other cage.

I will be glad once the birds 1st night is over...Ive noticed there is always one that is unsettled which disturbs the rest.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Very nice! The birds look happy!

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
I hope they will be happy. The main cockbird is Jellybean. I couldn't keep him in the aviary with the others and so come up with the new room for him. Jellybean is now with Buffy a laid back cockbird. Theyve been in a bachelor flight cage for a while. The other 6 are hens. Fingers crossed all will be fine and they get along. River a hen is close to Buffy. They are currently snuggled up together ahh very cute

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
That is awesome!!!! I love how you have vines plants in the aviary, so cool. :wideyed:
Your babies must be very excited with their new space. They look so cute and round---like fuzzy little puff balls aaaa!!!! They look like they've really settled in lol

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
They all come and said hello to me this morning which Im pleased about..none were sitting and sulking. Acouple showed me they'd just had a bath lol even Petal, one of the youngsters Im keeping..very cute but shy.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Very nice :) Everyone looks quite happy there.

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
Im with you there @BirdManDan. The bigger the better is my thing for my birds. I watch them alot and they love free flying..very aerobatic when they have the room and fast. Their precision is astounding weaving quickly around and up through the branches even though they have large areas without the obstacles.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
The new build is just amazing! Hopefully they will spend many enjoyable years, they sure do look happy.

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
Arr lovely I do hope they have a good life too @Fergus Mom thats all I want for them..if they are happy I am happy.

Im sure your Peeps @sheeluhwhet flies some stunning moves.. I was thinking about him whizzing around back and fourth to his branches. I have used branches cut from a shrub in my garden which is related to the blackcurrant bush we have here in the UK called Ribus or commonly known as the Flowering Currant..its quite woody and strong. I also use apple tree branches from my apple trees when they need pruning or Willow. I replace the branches every 3 months. The fresh branches also keeps them active and interested.