1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird only plays with toys when he is out.

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Revali, 11/24/18.

1. Revali

Revali Walking the driveway

I'm not 100% on this but it seems to me this is the case. He just stands by the door waiting to be let out I guess( this is only when I'm gone he is out all the time when I'm home). He has a very large cage and toys he likes even.
    I'd consider getting another Cockatiel but I'm still working on hand fear with the one I have and I'm guessing if I get another one it would make the training/trust process even longer although I very much want a happy bird above all.

Last edited: 11/24/18
  2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
  3. NirAntae

NirAntae Walking the driveway

Jennie
    I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for...?

In my experience, 'tiels are somewhat less toy-oriented than other parrots. He may be anxious while you're gone, though. Do you leave him a TV or radio going while you're away? A totally quiet and still house, especially if he's used to being outside the cage all the time, is not a comfortable situation for a bird. Silence in the wild means there's probably a predator in the area.

Tiel Feathers likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)