• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Napping

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I thought we could begin a thread with photos of our birds napping. Its warm in my living room today and I noticed Murphy taking a quiet little nap on the corner of cage top. He looks so cute. Please join me in posting your birds napping.

napping.jpg

Notice all the stinky pin feathers on his head. This Spring molt just doesn't seem to stop.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Murph is beautiful.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java is so stubborn, he refuses to nap at all. He'll start to sway and I can see the sleepiness in his eyes, but he won't nap. I wonder if it's because he isn't entirely comfortable to do so yet. I have yet to see him sleep or nap.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Brittany0208 is the room warm where Java is located? My apartment has been exceptionally cold all winter and today it went up to 76 with the sunshine. Murphy usually does not nap much either. He is a nervous bird and every little sounds bothers him.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Would be nice to post ONE photo of Pilo snoozin... but as if that is ever going to happen with Sir Ants in his Monkey Pants! :coffeescreen: BTW... that Picture of yours is amazing! Love it!

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Brittany0208 is the room warm where Java is located? My apartment has been exceptionally cold all winter and today it went up to 76 with the sunshine. Murphy usually does not nap much either. He is a nervous bird and every little sounds bothers him.
Yes, I keep my space heater going most of the time since his cage is against an exterior wall. He does 'shiver' a bit but I've never figured out if it because he's cold or off balance.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Would be nice to post ONE photo of Pilo snoozin... but as if that is ever going to happen with Sir Ants in his Monkey Pants! :coffeescreen:
Ha ha! Must be a pineapple thing. Ever since Waffle grew out of babyhood, I’ve only seen her nap once. And if the humans are around she is WAY too excited to nap! :fairy2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm afraid you'll never catch Farlie napping. Nope, he won't nap cuz he thinks he'll miss something... especially me. Lord forbid if I ever left the room without him. :rofl:
Elvis never wants to miss anything either. He was actually napping on me though so I guess he figured I couldn't sneak off and do something interesting without him. LOL.