• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Lice

macca

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Robyn
Hi all,

I have numerous birds but have just adopted a cockatiel that has been abused. As you can imagine she is not able to be handled at the moment and I doubt she ever will but she has bird lice and I want some advice about getting rid of them.. I have not been able to let her near our other birds because of the infestation and would like to hear from others how they tackled this problem. She is a dear little bird and I want to give her the best life possible but I have never had to treat my other babies for lice. Can anyone help with some ideas. I love my birds.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi all,

I have numerous birds but have just adopted a cockatiel that has been abused. As you can imagine she is not able to be handled at the moment and I doubt she ever will but she has bird lice and I want some advice about getting rid of them.. I have not been able to let her near our other birds because of the infestation and would like to hear from others how they tackled this problem. She is a dear little bird and I want to give her the best life possible but I have never had to treat my other babies for lice. Can anyone help with some ideas. I love my birds.
You might want to start a new thread since this one is old. It'll get attention quicker.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4: