• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Haters?

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
What a cutie! :heart:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Last edited:

Aviana

Strolling the yard
I have gotten the gamut of responses about having a bird over the 16 years I had my lovebird. Many had no idea what they were talking about. That said, everyone has their own personality, including birds. There will be hard times. There will be great fun. The great fun always outweighed the hard times for me. I am about to adopt a GCC, and do not know what to expect. What I do know is I and my husband can handle it. If you know that you and your husband can handle it, you probably can.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I see you found it already. I don't know how busy it is but at least there may be contacts to help you.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
If they didn't know anything about birds they would have asked: "What's that?"

When I told my one sister I was getting Fred, she asked "Why are you getting a bird? They're loud, they're nasty, they're mean....." Now she doesn't want me to get rid of him. LOL!

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have 3 birds that are pets. Two blue crowns, and one pineapple GCC. There is also one sun conure that wants to be a pet, but thinks I'm his mate. Beautiful bird, but being regurgitated on doesn't work for me. There is also a psychotic cat that has emotional meltdowns on a daily basis. The birds just are what they are. Loud, messy, demanding, aloof, cuddly, sweet, and hateful. Sometimes all of those at once. A friend's wife won't come over because she's afraid of birds, yet they live across the street from a large park that is filled with pigeons, hawks, and owls. I think the issue is something else, and the birds are just a convenient excuse. Whatever. Not all birds are the same, so you can't classify them as a group, and they aren't like dogs and cats in the slightest. I had two parakeets when I was a kid. One was sweet, and happy. Never screamed. The other one did nothing but scream and was hateful until the day it died. Do what makes you happy and don't pay attention to what others say.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
A friend's wife won't come over because she's afraid of birds, yet they live across the street from a large park that is filled with pigeons, hawks, and owls. I think the issue is something else, and the birds are just a convenient excuse. Whatever. N
Yup my sis in law suddenly developed a bird phobia and they won't come visit any more. We used to be 850 miles away and saw them all the time, now 1 hour's drive and they don't come and don't want us to visit either. Clearly these people have issues! Whatever!