• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird has new friend and ignores old friend

RosieR

Meeting neighbors
I have three birds: 2 Budgies Thor and Hank, and a Green Cheek Conure named Pancakes. Thor and Pancakes were best buddies, and they had separate cages. Hank is new and (I realize it was stupid to do) my wife put him in the cage with Thor instead of in the temporary cage. It has only been a few days but now Thor ignores Pancakes and Pancakes is sad. Pancakes tries to bite Hank so they cannot all interact as a group. Do you think that if I give Hank his own permanent cage that Thor will want to be buddies with Pancakes again? Is three always a crowd? Would it be better to get another Budgie for Hank from the group that he was in at the pet store so that Thor and Pancakes can have their bond back? Pancakes is just so sad and it breaks my heart. In case it's relevant Thor is 1.5 Pancakes is 8 months and Hank is just about 4 months as he is just starting his first molt. Also, all three birds are molting so everyone is a bit moody currently.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John