• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 BIRD DRANK SODA/POSSIBLE PAINT WATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
So.. about, I don't know, a minute ago I came into my room and found toto drinking out of my soda (barqs root beer, which DOES have caffiene.. knew I should have gotten aw) which was directly next to my cup filled with paint water.. acrylic paint water.

I feel awful! I can't afford the vet unless he's literally in immediate danger, and I do not believe there is anything a vet can do at this time except charge me $500.

Is there anything I can do, or am I over reacting?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You can try to give him fresh water to flush his system?

The soda likely won't kill him. The toxic acrylics will announce themselves as such on the tube usually. The fumes would be more of a hazard than the diluted paint most likely.

Definitely keep any fluids he shouldn't be drinking in a manner where he can't access them!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I think a bit of soda shouldn’t hurt him, and artists acrylics aren’t usually toxic, so I think he should be okay. Just watch him to make sure he’s acting normally.

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
I think a bit of soda shouldn’t hurt him, and artists acrylics aren’t usually toxic, so I think he should be okay. Just watch him to make sure he’s acting normally.
I think I'm just emotional exhausted tonight and I freaked out.. might delete this but thanks for helping calm me down:)

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
Definitely keep any fluids he shouldn't be drinking in a manner where he can't access them!

I know! I usually do, but I was off my game tonight. He's acting fine and normal

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
@Peachfaced Hey, can you delete my thread/ make it so I can no longer get responses? Im not as worried, anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.