• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
My maxi, Rowan, sure isn't a mild mannered bird. He doesn't back down under any circumstances, his lunges are never faked, and when he bites he'll put all his strength behind it. Is he vicious? No. He's opinionated and headstrong and territorial and doesn't like when I mess with his stuff or Zyda.

Most of the time I can avoid a bite because his body language IS easy to read, but he's a one-strike-you're-out sort of bird. If I ever misstep he absolutely will nail me first and ask questions later.

He's certainly never been abused or had his warnings disregarded, and is overall a very happy, sweet, social parrot. But he is not and never has been mild.
Rowan sounds a lot like how Lurch ended up once he decided I was chosen one and friend, it was worth every bite to see him happy and wanting scritches. :xflove:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Just got another bite from Bebe Dracula. Little stinker decided to have fly around before bedtime. Ok dude, time for night nights, nope not having it.it took the net to get him in his cage. But not before he, bit me. Ok that's going to leave a mark.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Just got another bite from Bebe Dracula. Little stinker decided to have fly around before bedtime. Ok dude, time for night nights, nope not having it.it took the net to get him in his cage. But not before he, bit me. Ok that's going to leave a mark.
He got the net. You got the bite. It was a fair fight. :D

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
He would not have got the net if hadn't bit me first.

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Courtesy of Piper, whilst putting a new toy in her cage. MY MISTAKE. :I

The scar below it is circa 2004, courtesy of a very angry rat.

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
OUCH!
Gee, those beaks are way too big for my taste in birds. My Quaker's beak, (R.I.P.), was as big as I wanted to ever go. This sun conure is bad enough.
My index finger is quite scarred over the years from budgies to macaws.
As much as I love big birds, I'd never own one tho.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can I join the bite club if the bite I got was more of an accidental jab?
I went to help Burt, he lost his footing and slipped in between the top of my drawers and wardrobe door with his wing in the wrong position for him to be able to move without falling further down, just his feet and a bit of his belly had slipped of the top but his wing and head were still above the top of the drawers.
When I went to offer him some help he had just lost the last bit of whatever was keeping him at the top of the drawers and as I reached him he dropped and his beak caught my hand. He didn’t actually bite or even clamp/grab on to me.
985E3A61-FE25-4A54-8E5A-B2641151F838.jpeg
I do have a history of my veins popping under too much pressure too which doesn’t help. I used to get a similar thing happen to the insides of my hands from turning on the kitchen tap.
It only hurts because it’s so swollen but it is no where near as bad as it looks. Lol.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So sorry. I guess Burt feels bad about it so give him a kiss from me. ♡
And to you. :hug4:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
So sorry. I guess Burt feels bad about it so give him a kiss from me. ♡
And to you. :hug4:

I will certainly do that later in the morning when he is awake (it’s 1:20am here) and he did seem to feel bad, I got big cuddles straight away and he was extra careful playing on the drawers after that. :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Can I join the bite club if the bite I got was more of an accidental jab?
I went to help Burt, he lost his footing and slipped in between the top of my drawers and wardrobe door with his wing in the wrong position for him to be able to move without falling further down, just his feet and a bit of his belly had slipped of the top but his wing and head were still above the top of the drawers.
When I went to offer him some help he had just lost the last bit of whatever was keeping him at the top of the drawers and as I reached him he dropped and his beak caught my hand. He didn’t actually bite or even clamp/grab on to me.
View attachment 294987
I do have a history of my veins popping under too much pressure too which doesn’t help. I used to get a similar thing happen to the insides of my hands from turning on the kitchen tap.
It only hurts because it’s so swollen but it is no where near as bad as it looks. Lol.

OK. It qualifies as a bite. :lol: :hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra