• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'll see if I can try to find my nastiest bite.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
as soon a s I quit bleeding myself I'll answer . little grey twerp got me twice today. I am just trying to make sure he gets out of his cage daily. and both time today I have gotten bitten.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I will ask Dr. Tony tomorrow if he is willing to make this PDF that is sharable.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I swear with Bebe I need chain mail armor on when ever I handle him. he bit thru my heavy sweatshirt tonight. looks like mini hole punch in my arm. STINKER!!!!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@JosienBB you have some photos I would like to use for booklet for new parrot owners. mat I use your pictures in this booklet. the post I want to use is #772, the one that Target cracked the nail in half.
Sure!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well, found the pics of my ear bite from Lurch from way back when. They don't look too gruesome as I had a chance to calm down and clean them up. Lurch was a Maxi Pionus. ear bite 2.jpg ear bite small.jpg

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Thanks Terry, Dr. Tony saw the pictures I brought in today, he was Holy buckets some of you have taken a lot punishment from your birds.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Mine was alot worse & the meyers grind & chop. Looked like chop meat...
Can't find it though as maybe its on my old puter.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Been bitten in the nose, lips, ears, fingers, toe, arms, hands etc. Some were little bruises, some were homicidal full bites with missing skin and lots of blood. Lurch scraped a chunk off the back of my scritchin finger the first night I had him and that one took a while to stop bleeding and about a month to fully heal, no scar though.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am doing a lot of the writing for this booklet. I am making sure to add that it isn't just a bite on your finger, it can be anyplace on the body that can be bitten. Bebe nailed me last night twice, once on my arm, then my skull behind my ponytail. the one on my head still hurts.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh those bites to the back of the head hurts like h***, even if they don't break the skin. When Russell gets all fired up sometimes he do a screaming flying tear around the room then land on the back of my chair and bite the back of my head before I can even move. Now when he starts the screaming flight I just automatically lean forward in my chair so I have room to react before he can bite.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
this little toad, aims for my head when ever he comes off his cage top. his PO told me that they allowed him to sit on their heads. I am not overly fond of the idea and now I know why. IT HURTS!!!!

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
IMG_2681.JPG IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2684.JPG Here it is, the aftermath of a bite from my macaw who is usually so sweet and tolerant.
I have learned a horrible lesson at the expense of my 5 year old daughter.
For anyone thinking of getting a macaw and reading this, if you have children please consider the effort it will take to NEVER leave a kid alone with it and how you will handle the situation if your bird does attack your child. I walked out of the room to pour milk in a bowl of cereal, this happen in less than one minute.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
They can be fast when they feel threatened, lucky it's just a bad bite and she's so young she'll probably heal up fast without too bad of a scar. I always make those big keltoid scars unless I get really lucky but being a guy it just adds more character to me. Poor girl I bet that hurts but at least she still has all her OEM parts and everyone learned a important lesson. I hope he mellows out soon but no more alone time with the kiddo.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Poor Baby! I'm so sorry!:sadhug2:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwww poor baby.