• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird attacked by cat

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
We have lots of stray cats down the beach.

But it´s not even stray cats that can be problematic. The other year I had a cat walk into my kitchen through my jail door while I was there washing up... I was like WTH. It had a collar and everything. I shooed it away.

Two days later I heard the dog race from my bedroom on the far side of the apartment, towards the kitchen in alert mode. I ran behind him and when I looked out the door I saw the cat running away so she must have come in my kitchen again. She never came back after that.

A few months later, a similar instance of Jacob being in alert mode at the jail door lead to the discovery of Aldora.

I know where the cat lives now because I see her on her balcony 3 doors down while I take the dog a walk.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
My husband and I decided if we have any other pets it will be a dog but not until we move somewhere else. We have New Castle out break going on somewhere in the area and the freaky wild cat thing yeah I think I am good on that.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
My current house is too small to accommodate more than myself, my two birds and an occasional guest or two. My horse occupies my outside time.
I like cats and dogs but I just don’t foresee having either any time in the future. Because of finances and the desire to turn my future house so it’s dedicated to my birds, lol.

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
How is your bird now. Please send pics if he/she is still here, you can tell us. I do hope your bird's ok. Clean the wound out at once and disinfect it.Hand feed the bird seeds or whatever it will eat and also give it water. Do you have any electrolytes at hand give him those too to build up strength. Comfort your baby till you reach the vet or any person or even a well known breeder or a place where you can find bird medicines but just do it quick. Please keep us updated will be thinking about that bird.