• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birb

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Alex speaking here!
I own a budgie now.( I only own one cause he doesn't like company from other birds).I don't know what to do for now.
So the story is this.
45 days ago ( today is day 45,23 38 here now so still considered),my friend wanted me to follow him to a place.I soon found out that it was a tuition centre.But there was a bird store beside it.
Then I saw him.He is a (slightly obese due to all seed diet) Yellow Crowned Amazon and the store owner told me that he bites,hard.
I was drawn to him so I didn't listen ( he is on a display perch so ppl can touch him),and I got bit.It drew blood.I calmed pulled my hand back and without a word,got a handful of seeds and see if he would eat from my hand.
He did.I stayed there for the following half an hour and the next day,I was back.He still bit at at the 5th day,he stopped biting ( me and just me ) .In these 45 days,he obviously still bit but unlike the first five days,none drew blood,none at all!
The staff there were surprised.Whenever they ( and he was there for so long that the staff can't even remember ) were near him ( or some other ppl there ) ,the only reason he would move from his perch was to bite.But he moves to me on cue ( sometimes fails but still ) or to get head rubs.
When I wasn't there,he rarely spoke,but when I am there,when I say something that he knows how to say,he will repeat.
I was special,they told me.I love him and I can feel the affection coming from him as well.But my parents would never allow another bird in house and he cost $4000,a price that they definitely weren't willing to pay.( I got the budgie,Orange,with my own money)
I'm scared that one day,he would be bought but yet I can do nothing about it.The only thing I could do now would be to entertain him,get him some toys ( he won't eat pellets,I used Crown's pellets before and he hated them)
So what else can I do?His name is Cream Puff by the way.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
But he never responded to the name,because I never called him that...that name was just my name for him if he would ever allow me to bring him back.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The bird most likely bites because of his living situation - in a store being prodded and poked all day.

Hopefully someone will come along and take him home and the biting issues will be overcome :)

On your side of the story, all you can do is maybe offer some toys for the bird and talk to the store owner about introducing some fresh fruits and vegetables.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
The owner did ( always did) but he never ate them,in fact,he is scared of them...I don't think that his biting and aggressive is due to his situation now because me being there for 46 days did tell me something,ALL the birds there(except for the singing ones ) are rehomes and their previous owner would give ( or sell) them to this place.
Though Cream Puff was there for so long that they couldn't remember when,the reason he was brought here was clear ( bites ) .With my cue ( like saying the word after a ringing bell),he would repeat words like 'Happy Birthday To You Song,Hello,various chinese words and such .He is a clever birb,and I bet the owner was unwilling to let go of him.
At least I got him now (though I can't bring him back)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Do your parents know how you feel about him?

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
I didn't.I knew that it wasn't possible for them to agree to get him since I have a 2 and a half year old sister here now and considering how aggressive he is to other people,my parents simply won't so I don't even need to ask.Moreover,if I tell them,I might even be grounded for doing that and would never be able to see Sam and his birbs again because he is a 'bad influence' ( By now I could already sort of predict their thoughts).
They won't bother about MY OR HIS feelings,after all none of my family members ( except my bro),understand my birb passion.And my brother is living in his school dorm so he really can't help.Anyway I am at Sam's place now so the only way I can ever contact them is via email/his home phone.
Sometimes it's just sad when the people who actually want to help and are trying to help fail...Man,that sucks.